Chapter 47.5 - Quest [Bonus]

Start from the beginning

Seeing her close friend Chiaki completely lose it when she heard of Takeyama's 'date' with Sakayanagi, she could not help but sympathize.

She wondered if Ayanokoji would one day feel the same way about her.

Maya Sato slowly took out her earphone, and plugged it into one ear. She kept the other ear free. She dialed a number, and the call connected almost immediately.

"Agent Maya."

"Agent Kei. Targets have arrived. They've taken seats at the corner of the café. Should I confront? Over."

"Agent Maya. No, do not confront. I repeat, do not confront. Continue to maintain a close watch. Any signs of mutual affection must be immediately terminated. Over."

"Wait, Agent Kei, but how.....!?" But the dial tone buzzed in Maya Sato's ear.

"Damn it, you blondie.....!"

Maya Sato cursed at her phone. She now resented taking over the hardest part of the mission. Kei Karuizawa was outside the Pallet, inside the café right across the street from the Pallet.

Maya Sato connected her call once again.

"Maya-chan, what is it!?" an annoyed voice rang out in her ears.

"Kei-chan, don't leave me hanging!" Maya whispered furiously, while simultaneously keeping an eye on the two possible lovebirds. "I can't do this alone! What's the point of sitting across the café if you don't even keep in contact!?"

"..... you're right. We must monitor the target's movements. Have either of them done anything suspicious yet?"

Maya looked around her furtively, and spoke a bit slower into the microphone. "Nope, they haven't done anything. I'm starting to wonder if this really even is a date."

"Of course it is a date!" Kei screamed silently into the microphone. "Think about it!"

"I think you need to go over it once, Kei-chan," Maya said. "They're both Class Leaders. Maybe that's why they're meeting.....?"

"Ab. So. Lute. Ly. Not." Kei said with pauses. "It is definitely a date. They're gonna make out if we don't stop them. Remember our promise, Maya-chan?"

Maya was curtly reminded of the extremely impactful promise that the two of them had so faithfully made.

'To make sure your friend gets the right boy, you must become the cockblocker.'

Maya Sato inwardly sighed at the notorious promise they had made. It sounded more like they were here to ruin someone's life, not build it.

Nevertheless, Maya Sato was a woman of her words.

Suddenly, she saw the female Target slowly stand up from her chair, owing to her disability.

Maya Sato connected a call to Kei Karuizawa once again.

"They're leaving!" Maya whispered into the mouthpiece. "How can a date be only for 20 minutes!?"

"Oh no....." Kei muttered from the other end.

"So you realize now, don't you? It isn't a date!" Maya almost screamed this time. "Do you finally understa---"

"This is bad....."

Maya Sato perked up.

"What is bad?"