Alpha

Hope's POV

  I woke up, and Ryan is still asleep. I got out of bed, and walked to the closet. I put on my jeans, my red top, and my red boots. I walked out of the room, and went to the kitchen. I grabbed a blood bag out of the fridge, and drank it. 

  I sped to the compound, and seen the map in the courtyard, No movement yet. 

   Mom came downstiars to the courtyard, and said, " Sweetie, calm down. She isn't coming."

  I said, " I just can't help but think that she might be."

  Mom said, " Did you see the wolves yet?"

  I said, " Not in over three years."

  Mom said, " Well, they want to know if you are ever going to step up, and be the new alpha."

  I said, " I don't know. I turned it down because I was going to school."

  She said, " Hope, Tell me why."

  I said, " What if I don't fill her shoes? I heard the way the wolves talk about her. My mother was an amazing alpha."

  She said, " You are her daughter. You are meant to lead the pack."

  I said, " By blood."

  She said, " Hope, it isn't because you are Hayley's daughter. It is because you know how to lead. I know about you not wanting to be the alpha of the pack at the Salvatore school."

  I said, " I didn't want to be involved with the wolves because of my mom."

  She said, " Look, Alaric told me you told him, that it was because you didn't want to be in charge of two packs. You need to take your place as alpha."

  I sighed, and said, " I guess, you are right."

  She said, " Good. Now, go. Maybe show Ryan around the bayou."

  I said, " Yeah, I will."

  She smiled, and I sped to the apartment. I walked inside of the apartment and seen Ryan drinking a cup of coffee, and shirtless. 

  He said, " Morning."

  I said, " Morning."

  I grabbed myself a cup of coffee, and took a sip. I said, " No interrogation on where have I been."

  He said, " Nope. Why would I interrogate you? I figured you were going to check on the map."

  I said, " I just figured I would get an earful about why I was, and How did you know I would be there?"

  He said, " I know you. You are way to paranoid to let it go."

  I said, " I am not paranoid."

  He said, " Then why did you go check on the map."

  I said, " Maybe I am a little paranoid."

 He laughed and I said, " Why don't you come with me today?"

  He said, " Where?"

  I said, " The bayou."

  He said, " What is so important out there?"

 I said, " The Crescent Pack, which is actually my mother's pack."

  He said, " So, you want to show me around to the wolves?"

  I said, " Yeah, that way you know about where I come from. I grew up with these wolves. So, will you?"

  He said, " Yes, I will."