Steel Wyverns Legion [Old Lore]

The Steel Wyverns are one of the first founding Legions of the Adeptus Astartes and were originally the IInd Legion of the Legiones Astartes, first named the Undying Ones, were created by the God-Emperor himself from across Terra during the last operations of the Unification Wars.

The Steel Wyverns are based in the capital world of their Primarch. The World of Serpens Prime. Here their Fortress-Monastery, the Monasterio Filii, train initiates and recruits in grueling and brutal training, even for Space Marines, the most brutal of which is the Decimation Vulgi, where 100 initiates fight to the death for a whole day in complete darkness in the Arena autem Caecus, those who remained would continue with the regular training and as a final test they would fight but this time in the Arena Electi, in front of a Dux Frater, commanding officer in the Legion, though not to the death, the last to stand will be a candidate to become a Mortem Frater, the elite of the Wyverns.

The Legion is spread out throughout the 5,000 worlds of the realm of their father, in many worlds are recruitment-chapels. The duties of the Wyverns in the Great Crusade were many, such as the extermination of the deadliest of threats to the expansion of the Imperium but a small contingent of the Draco Domini was ordered by Arturius to accompany his father to protect and, if need be, die to protect him. This contingent of the Draco was called the "Tail of the Emperor" accompanying him everywhere.

When the Heresy happened, the Wyverns were a crucial part of the defense of the loyalists against the traitor Legions, but their disappearance to the Warp slowly broke the wall that the loyalists made. The total disappearance of the Steel Wyverns and Arturius had broken the heart of the emperor, he never thought his sons would rebel and go traitor but the loss of his son that of which he had seen so much of his younger self in, his most human self.

It is said that the Steel Wyverns fight the daemons of the Warp with a chainsword while holding off the blades and bolters of the traitor Legions with Ward Sancti, a shield of great durability. Their warcry can be heard by the most potent of psykers, the greatest of the Astra Telepathica hear screams saying:
"Glory to the Primarch-Father, who hath redeemed us from our humiliation! Sing and Shout for He of Terra, he who first created us, he who is father of our father! Eternal Glory to the Emperor of Mankind!"

From this, hope was given to the people of the Imperium and the Astartes chapters. Their cousins were alive, killing daemons and holding off the traitors while keeping the people and the 5,000 worlds safe from the blooded, warp-filled, rotten and pleasure-laced hands of the Ruinous Powers. 

A/N:
SMALL... YES IT IS BUT NEXT UP WILL EITHER BE THE HISTORY OF THE WYVERNS OR THE LORE OF THE MONASTERIO FILII, THE FORTRESS-MONASTERY OF THE STEEL WYVERNS, EITHER WAY I'LL DO BOTH SINCE I HAVE A TON OF TIME IN MY HANDS, LIKE LITERALLY THIS IS THE ONLY THING I DO RIGHT NOW, ANYWAYS GOODBYE AND STILL THINKING OF WHAT FANFIC I WILL DO, MAYBE A CROSSOVER IDK