Chapter 2: Trust 🌺

🌺

Eila and Hazel followed behind Lance into the dark cave. Taking in their surroundings, they made sure to keep their senses heightened - just in case. Nerves and excitement rivaled in Eila as she was uncertain how her own people would accept her. 

Would they accept her?

Would they reject her?

Would they be happy to see her?

Or would they be angry at her?

Questions filled her head endlessly. 

On the other hand, Hazel was more skeptical than anything. She didn't trust Lance, however, she trusted Eila. Eila always had good judgment when it came to complex situations and people. Hazel didn't understand the rhyme or reason at times, but then again, their upbringing was different from one another. 

"My ladies, please wait here. I will let you both in from the other side," Lance turned to them and raised his hands. His tattoos began to glow as bright as his eyes. Crossing his arms he disappeared from Hazel's and Eila's eyes - leaving them alone. 

Eila took that time to speak up, "I sense your discomfort, Zee."

"Well that's because I am uncomfortable, E."

"You don't have to worry about Azeditarians killing you. We're not like the Zeebrians where there is some malicious intent behind their actions. Everything we do is for the greater good - for the betterment of our people-"

"Exactly, E, your people - in which I am not," Hazel interjected.

"You are my people, Hazel. You forget, you are twenty percent Azeditarian-"

"Yes, not one-hundred percent."

"It doesn't matter the amount. You are very much my people. You are my sister and I adore you as such. I remember your bumpy transition from your past world into this world but, just like I love you, so will my people. You have to trust me, my Cinbrid."

Eila saw Hazel relaxed slightly with an exhale, "I trust you, E."

They both nodded to each other with a new understanding. Eila believed Hazel when she said that she trusted her. However, she knew that she would relinquish a small amount of her skepticism. After all, they both did not know what to expect from this moment forward. 

The shaking of the cave interrupted their moment of clarity. The strength of the shakes was something both of them had never experienced. They both however adjusted and prepared for the worst to come. After a few moments, the shaking subsided and suddenly a portal opened - splitting the boulder in half. 

A figure stood on the other side of the boulder. It was Lance. He smiled at both ladies and extended his arm to them, "Please, do come in."

Hazel and Eila walked side-by-side into the portal revealing a new setting full of Azeditarians waiting on the other side. The large circular room surrounded a black circle platform. Both ladies knew that is where they would be headed. With heads held high, they both looked around to the figures that floated around them. Silence filled the air leaving room for the sounds of their footsteps.