Chapter 1: Eila Winder 🌺

🌺

"...uh...E?" He said softly. I opened my eyes and fixated on the handsome Lienthían before me. He quickly removed his hat and held in it his hand. "What was it that you wanted to talk about?"

I stared to whom I once called my lover, remembering our shared memories over the centuries before the dismantle. Lost time, that will never be returned to me. Conversations engulfed in time - time neglected.

I was nurtured to be charitable and to be magnanimous. I've tried my best to uphold those principles - so much that it's now imprinted in my DNA. When it came to my lover, my principles were challenged, and I felt corrupted. I knew my beloved as he knew me - he saw through me, from the moment I exited my cocoon - he saw my desires.

Feet apart from each other, we remained fixated on one another. Our feet glued to the platform beneath. Evander Janiviat, from the Lienthían royal line. What to say? Would this be our last time together? War is approaching rapidly. He could die - I could die.

I couldn't hold it in, "Vannie....Vannie I still love you. I love you with all of my heart," the words spilled out like milk and honey.

Evander had frozen in place, his hat in hand, shock in his eyes.

The flood gates were open, flooding the space with our feelings, "I love you and I feel horrible about it. I feel like I'm the worst person in the world to love a being that is destined to another. And don't get me wrong, I love June. I love June because of how she has loved you and has held you down for all of this time. She is sweet, she is kind, loving, gentle, beautiful-"

"Everything that you are," he chimed in.

He closed the space between us as I closed my gapping mouth.

My face grew warm, a remembered feeling, "...thank you for that. And I know this is the worst timing-"

"I love you too," his sweet words sliced mine away. He dropped his hat and completed his journey to.
Wait.
He couldn't say these words to me.
I must stop this!
I've gone too far.

"Vannie-"

"I love you too. I'm in love with you. I've always been in love with you and I'll always be in love with you," He confessed.

Oh Goddess.

"No Vannie, what about June?"

"She is my mate and I love her very much. But E, you're my soul mate and I'm in love with you. Very much." I was reminded of my small frame compared to his towering muscular figure.

Concentrated, intense, fierce and passionate was the overtone.

I confess, "I feel like such a horrible person."

"You're anything but a horrible person. You've put everyone before yourself and I know you're suffering. I know you're missing your sister, your family. And it's not the easiest seeing June and I together. Why not put yourself first for once?"

"At the expense of others, I couldn't do that-"

"Then why are you telling me this now?" His voice went an octave lower. Visceral reaction activated.