Background

Ayla Grace is originally from Chicago but left home after finishing the academy to work in New York.
She is one of the greatest detectives New York has ever seen. She's had the honor of working alongside some of the most elite detectives in all of New York, especially Olivia Benson who was also a mentor to her. She had seen Olivia like a mother figure. Being that she lost her mother when she was 15. And she couldn't be more thankful for her. Or for Hank Voight, the man who saved her life at 15. He's the father she never had and helped her get through the darkest time of her life.

And now he has called her with an offer. To come back home and become a part of his intelligence unit in Chicago.

Ayla never thought she'd agree to coming back home especially since she hasn't been in New York that long. She wanted a fresh start away from home. But after giving it thought, she thought this is maybe what she needed because her fresh start hasn't been so... refreshing as of lately.

Mostly because of her ex fiancée Leo Turner. They had been dating for two years, engaged only a couple months ago and she thought she was happy. That all changed when Leo suddenly starting acting violent towards her. It would come and go and she thought he would've changed but he never did no matter how many times he promised it would never happen again.

The change in his behavior completely threw her off and when she finally realized Leo was never going to change, she broke it off which only made things worse for her because then he started calling her everyday and showing up to her apartment randomly. He would leave notes for her and threatened he will do something if she doesn't take him back.

Olivia told her she needed a restraining order on Leo. But even that hasn't stopped him from leaving her threats. She doesn't know what else to do and she hasn't told Hank because she knows how he will handle this situation. She just hopes Leo doesn't find out about her leaving the city.

Maybe she wasn't meant to have a life in New York. Maybe there is a reason Hank Voight has reached out to her to come to Chicago. What reason? There's only one way to find out. So,

She accepted the offer.

It's time to take her talents to the 21st district.