INTRO

HI BABIES!!! Welcome!!

I'm so excited for you to read this story! I hope it takes you on a little journey of your own!

I'm not expecting too many people to read this— I mean— Maybe some fans of Mike Faist and the new West Side Story movie lol.

To be honest, this book is kinda just writing practice for me, seeing as I'm going to college for writing currently!!

(It's also an outlet for all the emotions I have about this man😭😭)

ANYWAY. ONTO THE DEETS OF THE STORY.

WHATCHU WANNA KNOW:

- I use a name instead of (y/n) in each of my books, simply because I think it really helps with immersion and keeps everything a bit more professional!! (No hate to any author who uses (y/n)! It's just not for me:))
So the (y/n) in this story is named Rose!!

BUT if you'd like to replace it with your own name, I have a tutorial on my profile! It's just a one chapter book named, "tutorial on name replacement"!! It shows you how to edit Wattpad to show any name or word as your name!!

Although this book will be written into first person anyway, so you won't hear the name Rose too much anyway :)

Anyhow!

- Rose is a formerly successful nursing student who was forced to drop out her senior year of nursing school. Without the ability to pay for housing, food, or any school materials, she had no choice but to leave Colombia University due to lack of money and income.

If she were a male student, she likely would've gained supporters and scholarships, but it's not the same for women-- not in the 1950's, anyway.

- Needing cheap housing fast, Rose takes up a roommate offer in a cramped neighbourhood with a Puerto Rican girl named Maria. She begins working as a cleaner with Maria and many other women of various ages, but can't help but crawl back to her healing roots. On the weekends and during any spare time she can share, Rose visits the poorer parts of the neighbourhoods (the underside) and the community hospitals near her residence. She provides all the service she can, and builds many bonds along the way.

What happens when she gets herself tangled up in a war between to gangs she didn't even know about until it was too late?

THIS IS A SLOWBURN AF SO STRAP IN

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK.

ALSO RIFF HAS A DOG LIKE THE ONE ON THE COVER BECAUSE I SAY SO.