Far Off

Alfonso's POV

The full moon had come up tonight. There was slight breeze throughout the air, and all the animals as well as bugs made their little noises along the way. Bruno had fallen asleep in my arms while I was watching over him. I lifted Bruno's head up a bit and adjusted the blanket to make sure he was fully covered. He'd occastionally open his eyes from time to time, but I'd just tell him to go back to sleep and he did. I brush Bruno's hair back and felt a sort of temptation when seeing his forehead. I know that I shouldn't do anything to Bruno, but my mind just kept on saying something else. What he doesn't know, wouldn't hurt him right? I leaned in and kissed Bruno's forehead then quickly pulled back to see if Bruno had woken up. He luckily didn't. I gave took a quiet deep breath.

"Hey," a quiet voice whispered. Hisa opened the tent door and glanced inside to see me and Bruno. "You really can't let go of him for just one second?"

"He asked me to stay with me. I had to keep my word," I quietly said to not wake up Bruno.

"Right..." Hisa said. Hisa found their relationship comforting to watch. He had also wanted to have someone like that. It made him quite envious of their lives.

"What'd you need?" I asked.

"I just wanted to check up on you two,"

"Hisa..."

"Hm?"

"Have you ever...felt a certain way about someone?"

Hisa's eyes and ears were now both focused on Alfonso.

"Go on,"

"I just feel strange is all, towards a certain someone,"

"Towards...Bruno," Hisa stated. Alfonso gave a quiet nod. Hisa gave a soft smile. "You know, Mother nature mentioned that many come to realize certain things about themselves in nature. This is what he must mean as well,"

I sighed.

"This is bad. I'm not supposed to feel this way," Alfonso stated. "I'm suppose to find his other pair,"

"You could always stop this and just tell Bruno that you li-"

"Don't say it,"

"You know what I mean,"

"I might not even feel that way. It could just possibly be something else,"

Hisa sighed and shook his head.

"Alfonso, no matter how much you deny. You can only deny for so long, but you'll always know how you actually feel on the inside. It's pretty obvious the way you act towards Bruno. He's your little....hmm...your little bunny,"

Bruno slowly opened his eyes.

"Hmm? What's going on?" Bruno questioned.

"Hisa and I were just talking for a bit. Are you still feeling tired? You should just head back to bed,"

Bruno rubbed his eyes and sat up straight onto my lap.

"I'm feeling pretty good now. I've gotten plenty of sleep with you staying next to me,"

I smiled.

"I'll take my leave," Hisa closed the door and headed back to him and Reiki's tent.

"Aren't you tired? You've been staying up all night," Bruno states looking at my tired eyes and dark circles.

"I'll be alright. I can always eat your sister's food or make Hisa pop a healing potion up," I responded rubbing his head. "I'll use your comfort to recharge my energy or something as well,"