Lantern Festival

(Play this song while you read, you wholesome people)

Narrator's POV

Bruno and Alfonso walked through the village. The temperature was just right. It wasn't too warm nor too hot, it had just the right amount of a breezy wind that would come by once in a while. The orange-tinted flames lit up a way for the both of them. They both stuck near each other, making sure the other didn't go off somewhere else.

"Did you want to try some?" Alfonso asked

"Did you want to try some?" Alfonso asked. Bruno gave a nod as Alfonso pulled out some money in order to give to the lady who were selling them. She was struggling to speak English, so Alfonso had to speak to her in Japanese.

"ご注文はお決まりですか? (Have you decided on what you want to order?)" the lady asked. Alfonso gave a nod and gave her an answer back.

"たこ焼きお願いします (I'd like one of the Takoyaki),"

The lady gave a nod and handed Alfonso a tray with the takoyaki.

"Takoyaki can be known as "octopus balls". It's due to the ball-shaped snack made of a flour batter and cooked in a special molded pan. There's mostly likely diced octopus as well as tempura scraps, pickled ginger, and green onion as well," Alfonso stated handing the tray to Bruno. Bruno wasn't really a picky eater. "Careful, it might still be hot," Alfonso warned. Bruno took a small bite and felt the heat. He released his grip and carefully blew on the snack. Bruno was just excited to try something new and couldn't help himself.

"What are the kids doing over there?" Bruno asked. Alfonso looked over and noticed the kids trying to fish at another booth.

"It's a booth for trying to catch fish. It's usually some fishes such as goldfishes. You get a small-shaped paddle. It has a thin layer of paper on the paddle, and you have to lift the fish up without the paper breaking in order to bring the fish home,"

Bruno's eyes sparkled at the fun little game. Alfonso walked over with him towards the stand and handed the man some money as the man handed the paddle to Bruno. Bruno kneeled to pick which small goldfish that he wanted to take back with him. He had finally found the one he wanted, and he had attempted to pick up the fish. Yet the thin paper had already broke when he placed it into the water. Alfonso handed more money to the man as he handed Bruno a couple more paddles. He had virgorious attempts trying to catch the fishes, but he had still managed to fail. Bruno heard foot steps behind him as Alfonso had kneeled down.

"Which one?" Alfonso asked. Bruno pointed to the biggest one swimming carelessly amongst the other fishes. "Hmm...that might be a little hard since it'd be the heaviest. I'll help you,"