Chapter 4: Ding Dong Dash

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Anyways, let's discuss the details inside." I tried to placate Kogoro.

"Do you need any help with that? "Ran and I asked when we saw Rena organizing some old magazines and newspapers.

"Oh don't worry about it. Tomorrow is recyclable trash day so I'm just tying them into bunches with some strings." I heard Conan ask Rena something else as she put her trash outside, and he had a smirk on his face.

"Hey if you find out who the culprit is can you promise not to get angry?" Conan asked.

**************

We stayed the night at Rena's apartment and were awakened by a doorbell.

"He's here! I'm going to get you now!" Kogoro sprang up and ran to the door. "There's no one here!" Kogoro said with a confused expression.

"No way how?" Ran asked.

"He's here." Conan went behind a stack of magazines.

"It's a kid! He was hiding behind there!" Kogoro exclaimed and grabbed the boy roughly by the collars.

"Mori-san be gentle." I chided and took the boy from Kogoro. I set the boy down gently.

"I get it! You weren't able to find the culprit since he was hiding behind there." Ran realized.

"I never imagined anyone would be hiding there." Rena commented.

"Hey why are you doing this?" Kogoro interrogated the boy.

"I bet he was ringing the doorbell to wake Rena up. I didn't know Rena transferred to a different day so he would ring the doorbell at 6:30 on Saturday mornings so Rena can make it to Morning Live 7 tapings." Conan pointed out and explained how he also rang the doorbell on Tuesday since there was no school.

"Then the sleeping pills were so that Rena could get a good night's sleep and wake up bright and early right?" Ran asked.

"My mom used to take those pills before she went to bed." the boy said sadly.

"But why?" Rena asked and kneeled down beside the boy, who had a sad expression

"You look like my mom. My mom died in a car accident last year. That's why I-" the boy sniffed.

"But you can't be attached to your mom anymore, she's now in heaven and you wouldn't want her to worry, do you? A strong boy should make his mom feel at peace. So you shouldn't come here again for your mom and yourself. Understand?" Rena asked gently.

"Yup." the boy wiped his tears. "Bye bye Rena!" the boy left. I saw Rena start to tear up and Ran looked at her.

"I used to have a brother like that a long time ago." Rena explained. Conan and the others began to leave after Rena offered to pay for Kogoro's services, and I decided to approach Rena since she still had a sad expression on her face.

 Conan and the others began to leave after Rena offered to pay for Kogoro's services, and I decided to approach Rena since she still had a sad expression on her face

"Rena-san, I know how you feel. My family is..." I began. It was fun living at the Kudo's house but I began to get a little homesick as well. Rena gave me a look of understanding. "You know you kind of remind me of my classmate Eisuke." I continued. I don't know if it is a good idea but I feel that I should tell Rena that her brother was safe. She was a kind person after all.

"Eisuke?" Rena's eyes widened. 

"Yeah he has very similar facial features to you and well... he's just a little clumsy though." I chuckled.

"I see. Thank you for telling me Kaiya-chan." Rena said smiling slightly.