Prologue: Goodbye.

Zero's P.O.V:

I stare down at (Y/N)'s body. Her (H/L) (H/C) hair falls over her face. Her (E/C) orbs slowly fade away as she closes her eyes. I see her last tear fall down her pale face as the life leaves her. Inside I'm screaming, ignoring everything around me, I concentrate on her and tell her I love her.

It doesn't matter. She falls limp in my arms. People try to pull me away from her. But I don't let them. I scream at them and pull them away. My normal coldness gone; replaced by despair.

"Get your filthy hands off me Kuran," I hear myself say.

I hear them shuffle back, obviously giving me space. The brick chimney puffs creamy smoke in my face; I ignore it. I hear the birds crying out their night call. I feel the sun leaving my back, making it ache less. The greyness around me symbolizes how I feel. Plain.

I may not have shown it, but she changed me. Without her, well I'm afraid of returning to the cold person I used to be.

I stand, leaving her limp, fragile body alone. Taking my grief out on the nearest thing possible, I grab Kuran by the scruff of his neck: I point Bloody Rose at him.

Finally I can do what I've always wanted; kill him.

He turns around to face me, he doesn't look afraid. This pisses me off.

I push the barrel harder to his temple.

"She wouldn't want this," He says to me, his voice a little croaky.

"Don't you dare talk about her like you know her, you-" I'm about to shout numerous profanities at him when Hanabusa, his face streaked with tears, drags me away. Clenching my teeth I push out of his grip and jump off the large building, my feet hit the floor hard.

I run into the woods, stray branches hitting me in the face.

But

I

Don't

Care.

Images of the times we spent together take the form of the many leaves on the floor.

The time we went to town together.

The time we sat in the hallway.

The time she sneaked into my bed because she couldn't sleep.

The last time I kissed her....

X X X

Time skip:

2 Years Later:

The headmaster stands there, looking older and paler than usual, his long hair: gone. His usual attire of hunting clothes: back. Four, having obviously not shaved, also stands there, his eyes dull, like he's here but he's not here. Hanabusa stands away from us all, staring at the boat infront of us.

My silver hair, a little longer than usual sways in the wind. We all stand there; looking at the boat. Where (Y/N) will be laid to rest. The freshly cut grass reminds me of the school I have not returned to for two years. The murky lake is going to be her new home.

I spread her ashes on the boat, Four lights the boat, setting it on fire. We all watch as she drifts away from us....

As I turn away from the sight, planning to go back to the cave that I've resided in for a few months. I hear it. Her voice.

Zero...

I spin around and see her there. In a white flowing dress, her hair tied in a tight bun. My heart falters for a moment, Is she real?

She smile at me, and reading my thoughts she nods her head. Her wispy figure floats a few metres off the ground and she is opaque, leading me to believe that she's a ghost.

I walk towards her, desperate to cling to her hands. She shakes her head and points to a few trees clustered together, away from the others.

We walk over to the trees and I feel her trying to hug me - It's cold and feels awkward.

But at least, if she can't be with me alive, she can be with me like this. Almost here...

-------------------------------------------------------

I decided to keep this chapter in the present tense because it just adds to the atmosphere in the story, I guess. 

No, I'm kidding. It's because I'm super lazy and I really can't be bothered to rewrite the whole thing in the past tense. 

-AnimeLovingTimeLord