Chapter Ten: V.H.A.

Four and I were sitting in a small, quaint cafe that we spotted in town. Inside it was like a grandmother's house. Everything was neat and tidy. The walls were a lovely blue colour, the floor was basically a purple fluffy rug and the tables all had free cakes on, I also noticed how Jason was here. Weird, he didn't work here. 

"Hello again, (Y/N). We should meet up again. I enjoyed last time," I blushed. "Anyway what can I get you?" Jason asked. I muttered that I wanted a 'hot chocolate' and Four said he wanted some 'iced tea.'

"Do you two know each other?" Four asked me.

"Um, it's a long story," I laughed.

"We have a long time." Why was he being pushy? Oh, Lila if only you were here. Maybe I didn't need her any more. Maybe she'd gone because I was no longer lonely.

"Fine, I was in a bad mood, I met up with a strange vampire in the night, you can guess the rest," I fumed. Four's eyes widened in horror. He stared at me and his face literally hit the floor. He looked disappointed in me, I felt ashamed. Then Jason came back over. "Here is your hot chocolate, and your iced tea. Oh, and here is my number for you (Y/N)." He handed me a sheet of paper, but before I could grab it Four grabbed it and rips it up, glaring at Jason the whole time. I think he got  the message. He went back behind the counter.

After an hour of Jason staring at us, Four and I decided to leave. "Where to next two," he mocked friendly. I smiled at him. I took his hand in mine, in a friendly gesture, and led him back to the school.

"You're going to teach me how to ride a horse!" I explained.

"What?" He asked.

"You heard me," I said as I led him into the stables. "This is Midnight," I informed him as I pointed to Midnight. "He can be yours, since mine is Snowflake," I nodded my head towards Snowflake "and this is Ebony, she's Zero's horse!" I finished as we made our way towards Ebony. That was when we saw Zero. Asleep. Asleep in Ebony's stall. 

I poked Zero and whispered, "Zero? Hey!" I kicked him. "Get up, lazy!" He groaned and stretched his arms out, as he did a tiny box fell out of his pockets, Four went to pick it up but I beat him to it, knowing exactly what it was. Zero's blood tablets. But it was too late, Four had already seen, he grabbed me and held me behind him in a really really strong grasp.

"No it's okay F-" I started.

"Don't worry (Y/N) I can explain to you little friend what they are. I'm not four."

"No, but I am," Four stated. Zero looked up at him confused and I giggled, not a fake one but a real one. Four had really brought out the old, but real, me again. Both of the guys looked at me, as I pried myself form Four's grasp. "Zero, you remember Four, from this morning right?" Zero's face went back to normal. He nodded his head and got up to leave, "Wait, ride with us?" I asked Zero. He glanced at Four, then he said "Sure." Then he shot Four a horrible smile.

"Okay, Four help me up?" I asked him, giving him my sweetest smile.

"Are you going to stop calling me Four?"

"No David."

He sighed as he picked me up and set me on Snowflake. I giggled as I felt myself slowly slipping. "FOUR!" I screamed. Before he could move, Zero had ran over to me and pushed me back up. As he tightened Snowflake's girth our faces were inches apart and I forgot the whole world around me. Zero stared up at me and for a moment I believed that he was going to kiss me. Then Four cleared his throat. Zero turned away and I glared at Four.

Zero, Four and I were all in the training centre. Four and I were on horses and Zero was teaching us.

"(Y/N) you're doing great," He winked at me. I blushed. "Four, you need to pick up the pace a bit." I chuckled as I knew Zero was saying this on purpose.

Half an hour later Zero and I were walking back to the dorms, Four was taking care of the horses.

"You're a natural at riding," Zero complimented. I blushed, again, as we carried on walking. Zero stopped and sighed, I turned to face him and gave him a questioning look.

"You haven't spoken to me properly in such a long time. Did I do something?" He asked.

"No! No! It's just I've had a lot on my plate lately. Four's come back, Lila's gone. Kaname's being Kaname, you like Yuki and-" I stopped as I realized what I had just said.

"What?"

"Um, I um. I'm sorry." I  felt my face heat up in embarrassment and then I legged it.  I didn't get far. Zero jumped in front of me, of course.  "So this is why you've been avoiding me!" He stated, like he was happy about it.

"Listen, (Y/N) I don't like Yuki in that way!" I could tell he was lying. I could see it in his eyes. At camp we were taught how to tell if someone was lying. Suddenly an arm wrapped itself around my waist. I looked up to see it's owner. Four. I hugged him tightly. When I pulled out of the hug Zero was gone. Did I imagine the whole  thing?

"(Y/N) I was wondering, can I meet your parents? I'm sure they'll remember me!" He said as he removed his arm. I looked at him in astonishment, I couldn't believe he'd asked this. I took a big gulp of air as I explained what happened all those years ago.

When I finished Four stayed silent, he pulled me into a strong hug and told me it would all be okay.

"(Y/N) come with me, I'm going to take you somewhere."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Somewhere'

Four and I were stood in front of a tall building, it's elaborate design made the building stand out from all the others. Three letters were hanging just above the door. V.H.A. Without a word, Four took me inside the building. Big white pillars held the structure up and books lined all the walls. A man, that looked a lot like a woman, stood before us and he solemnly said: "Four, it's been such a long time. Who is this you bring with you?" Then his eyes widened he gasped. "No, it can't be. Is she the legendary two?"

What the hell was this place? "Legendary? Pah! Four could beat me at anything!" I modestly stated. Four laughed, then he became serious. "Yes, master, this is Two. You were correct about her past. Two," He turned to face me. "Your parents were killed by Haruka. I'm so sorry."

I gasped. That monster, who fed off me for years, killed my parents. He tore my whole family apart and left me here. Alive. What a bastard. I might not have minded so much if I was dead too, then, at least, I wouldn't be filled with so much guilt. 

"Two, the whole reason I brought you here today was so that you could learn the truth. Then the plan was to persuade you to become a member of the V.H.A. However, I'm not going to persuade you. It's your choice. If you say yes, I will explain what you have to do. If you say no, I'll take you back to the Academy and you can forget this whole thing." Four explained to me.

If I didn't take the 'job', then later in life there would be hardly any jobs left in society. If I took the job, I could be tied down to something I hated. I closed my eyes and whispered, "I'll take the job."

"Great, okay so first of all, V.H.A stands for Vampire Hunters Association. We hunt down rouge Vampires and Vampires that have defied the treaty between us. Kaname Kuran has a long running contract with us, however he is also one of our suspects. Your first mission is to watch him 24/7. You and I will be working together. You'll need a weapon. Follow me." Four said, he sounded more mature than before and I realized that this was really serious.

I could channel all my rage, guilt and burned up passion into killing these... monsters

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is getting harder to write. Damn.

Oh well, I hoped you enjoyed!!! <3