Chapter Six: Confused Feelings

Kaname walked forward, as I took  a step back. "Don't even think about taking my memory," I said bravely. 

He chuckled and replied, "I wouldn't dream of it, I can't even get near you." A hint of sadness crossed his eyes as he said 'you'. Suddenly Kaname took another step towards me, so I took a few steps back, stumbling and cutting my arm on a stray branch. Shit. Kaname's eyes glowed red and Zero appeared by my side. "I smelt your blood, are you okay?" Asked Zero. Well he got here fast. I got up and walked away from the two vampires.

"Stay back! I don't want to cause you any pain," I explained to them both. I didn't want to hurt anyone. Especially Zero. Wait, what?

"No, (Y/N) please, it's okay. Let me help. Does it hurt?" Kaname asked me formally. I glanced at Zero and see that he's staring at Kaname with hatred.

"Uh, um no, it's fine." I said, bending the truth. I mean, it hurt but I didn't want, or need, his help.

"You're Lying" Kaname said in a sing-song voice. I glanced, again, at Zero, silently asking him for help. He's not looking this way!! Lila screamed.

In reply I said I know. "Um.. I uh, I -" I was cut off

"I can take care of her Kuran," explained Zero.

"If you could take care of her Zero, she wouldn't here in the first place!" Kaname argued back.

"Yes, but I'm guessing she's only hurt because, once again you're here!" 

"I am a pure-blood, you cannot talk to me that way!"

"I just did."

"ENOUGH," I screamed at them "You two really are pathetic. Not to be vain or anything, but I'm standing here with blood dripping down my arm and you're arguing about who is to blame? Kaname: I can take care of myself, I don't need any of you to clean this up, I can do it myself. and Zero: don't make assumptions. It was my fault for the cut." And with that I stormed off, heading towards the dorms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake to find Yuki's smiling face staring at me, "Up, up, up you're going to be late!!!" She screamed in my ear.

"Ow ow ow, loud loud loud!! Wh-" Yawn "What are you doing here?" I asked her in a friendly manner.

"Oh, headmaster Cross noticed that you've been skipping classes lately so he asked me to escort you to class!" She cheerfully explained.

"Oh, I feel bad now, sorry about this! I'll just get changed then we can get going!" I murmured whilst yawning. 

 Ten minutes later, Yuki and I were on our way to class, along with her friend - Yori I think. "Hey, (Y/N) are you going?" Yuki asked me, I had no idea what she was talking about as I hadn't been paying attention to what they were talking about. 

"Um, going where?" I asked Yuki.

"The ball? It's the only event of the year where the day and night class get to meet!!" Yuki's friend Yori explained dreamily as Yuki nodded her head in agreement.

"Umm, sorry but no.." I murmured whilst walking into classroom.

"YOU'RE NOT GOING TO THE BALL?????" Yuki and Yori both screeched at the same time.

"It's not my thing," I explained to them both as I sat down next to them. They continue their private conversation as the teacher walks in, "Right. Today you're going to be working in  pairs... so it looks like you'll have to go and sit next to Zero, (Y/N)." Everyone in the class turned to face me as I turned bright red, I remembered what I said to him yesterday. Well this will be fun! We've gotta go sit next to Mr. Old Grumpy Pants! Lila moaned in my head as I chuckled. Sighing, I got up and sat next to Zero.