Chapter 19: To Forgive... Or To Punch

Today was the last day of school! Well, I'd still be in school, since I was staying here for the holidays, but there would be no more lessons for two whole weeks!

I'd get to spend two weeks with Zero! Of course, we'd be joined by Yuki and maybe a few of the Night class students but still! Two weeks!

I sat in class, the fan on the ceiling cooled everyone down. Zero sat next to me, his calm demeanour made me calm, his silver hair shielded his eyes from the blazing sun. The wooden desks that people were sitting on were covered in colourful brochures; their holiday destinations. 

"Class! Please quieten down! If you continue to talk I'll force you to do some work!" The teacher shouted, as he stuck his nose back into his book. I sat there, on my blue chair, in the dull classroom, bored. Zero turned to me, he gave me a small smile. I tried to return it, but it turned into a grin. 

 Yuki came bounding up the steps, towards us. "Hey guys!" She beamed, more at Zero than me. For some reason I got the feeling she didn't like me. She wore the usual uniform,  but her skirt was higher than usual. Her short hair fell around her face, making her big brown eyes stand out. 

"Hi," Zero dead-panned. 

 I stifled a laugh as Yuki stared at Zero, a little shocked at his reaction - or rather, his lack of a reaction.

She turned to me, "Where are you going for your holiday, (Y/N)-chan," She asked me. I blanched at her use of honorifics. 

I cleared my throat, shuffled in my seat and then coughed. I was a little embarrassed about not going anywhere, Yuki had to stay here; her 'father' was here. Mine wasn't. 

I felt a hand grab mine under the table; Zero. I looked at him, but he was looking away, not making it obvious that we were holding hands.

"She's staying here," Zero informed her.

Now it was her time to blanch.

 "O-oh, um," she stopped, at a loss for words.

 "Are the Night class staying?" I asked, I felt Zero's grip tighten as the words left my mouth. He must have been jealous of Hanabusa, I blushed at the thought. 

"Not all them," Yuki started, "Hanabusa is, and I think that's it. Oh, no. I'm pretty sure Four's staying!" She exclaimed.

 Zero looked uncomfortable, I knew why; Hanabusa and Four.

 Yuki walked away, a leap in her walk.

 "Promise me that you'll stay away from them?" Zero asked me, his eyes stared into mine.

"But," I began "Hanabus-"

"Promise me," he repeated gravely.

For some reason, I agreed. He looked scared, and, trust me, Zero was not afraid of much, well if he was, he didn't show it. 

Just then, the bell rang. The class, me included, filed out of the room. Zero jogged ahead, with Yuki to do their job. I followed everyone else, figuring that I'd wait for him by the crowd. 

As we approached the clearing by the humongous Night Class building, all the girls forgot about their holidays and concentrated on the figures walking out of the rusty gates. I waited by a few trees and stared at the cracks in the floors when the Night Class walked past. 

A shadow stood in front of me. I looked up to see a red eyed boy. His hair was messy; it was sticking up where it shouldn't have been. His shirt was untucked and his shoes didn't match. He looked a mess. I met his eyes.

Four.

"(Y/N) they're all saying that it was me! That I'm against you! Please, believe me! It wasn't me!" He pleaded with me as he roughly grabbed my arm.

"I saw you," I spat. I didn't dare to meet his eyes lest I get sucked back into his innocent act and forgive him all over again. 

Before he could reply Zero came bounding over, his hair not at all bothered by the wind. His lanky figure stopped behind Four.

"Get your hands off her. Now," Zero ordered.

Four didn't let go, but his grip wasn't too strong.

Zero touched his shoulder, and Four, being surprised, increased his pressure on my arm. I heard a snap as I cried out. Pain swam in my wrist, tears formed in my eyes.

Zero pushed Four off me, cursing at him. As he does so, I turned to watch them. The pain started to subside, and when I looked back at my arm, I saw Kaname healing me.

Well that was awkward...

Kaname kept pressing his lips to my multiple wounds, and no matter how many times I protested, he didn't stop. His shaggy brown hair tickled my arm and I shivered.

"Kuran, get your filthy hands off my girlfriend," Zero boomed, as he walked towards us.

 Did Zero just call me his girlfriend?  I asked myself.

 I grinned at the thought, but then I felt stupid because there I was, potentially about to get my blood sucked by one of the most powerful vampires around, and I was blushing at being Zero's girlfriend!

Politely Kaname stood back, not taking his eyes off Zero. I stared down at the cracked pavement, the trees were swaying in the air, the Night Class walked away...

I cleared my throat, Kaname and Zero both looked at me. "Uh, the uh Ni-" Before I could continue telling Kaname about the Night Class leaving, a familiar bubbly female came bounding up to us. When she saw Kaname she blushed.

"K-Kaname-Kun," she stuttered, as she bowed down in front of him,  which caused her black skirt to rise and her Day Class blazer to scrunch up at the top. I had to stifle a laugh as I imagined the view of standing behind her, she glared at me. Sensing the tension Zero came and stood next to me, like my bodyguard, and grabbed my hand in a smooth light fashioned way.  

Kaname chuckled at Yuki as she straightened up, then, before he left, Kaname ruffled her hair, like she was his little sister.

As he walked away Yuki turned to us and glanced at our hands.  She walked away and swayed her hips as she went, and I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing, I laughed until it hurt, until I had to clutch my stomach. Zero just stared at me, like I was crazy. And that brought on a new wave of laughter and I felt like I was drowning under the current. That was until Zero lifted me up and carried me back to my dorm.

And, no matter how stupid I may have looked, I didn't care. Because, for once, I was happy and it felt amazing. 

----------------------------------------------

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT I WAS LIKE, 12 WHEN I WROTE THIS AND I REALLY DIDN'T HAVE A PROPER UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORLD OR WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO WRITE! SO PLEASE DON'T JUDGE, I'M REALLY SORRY FOR HOW PATHETIC THE MAIN CHARACTER IS PORTRAYED AND HOW STUPID THE PLOT IS.

I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD CHECK OUT MY NEW WORKS.

The Vampire Hunter:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/40046291-the-vampire-hunter-wattys2015

Graffiti:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/50779861-graffiti

Edited on 14/01/16

-AnimeLovingTimeLord!