Maybe...

Devin jumped onto his fluffy bed, a large smile on his face. He was so excited to text Devinie that he couldn't wait. He propped up his pillow and made himself comfortable, and then pulled out his phone. 

Should he send the first text or not?

His heart began beating faster, his teeth digging into his lips in consideration. Devin didn't want to come off desperate, but by sending the first text immediately after the event it might seem that way, right?

He turned off his phone and flipped over, his white-colored ceiling staring down at him. Many thoughts tumbled around his mind, so many that he wasn't even sure what to focus on. He clutched his cat-shaped plushie and closed his eyes. It was a long day. Maybe he should just text Devinie tomorrow...

Suddenly, the bing of a text came through his phone. It was probably Justin bothering him again or Max asking him a question about tennis.

But...

When Devin turned his eyes towards his phone, he was surprised to see Devinie's name on the screen. He immediately grabbed his phone and switched to the text messaging tab. Devinie had written:

"Hey Devin! Did you get home safe?"

Devin smiled and typed back. "Yes, you?"

"I did! Thanks for coming!"

"No problem!" Devin frowned. He wanted to keep the conversation going but there seemed no way to.

"Well, I'm going to sleep, goodnight, Devin!" 

"Goodnight!" 

Devin was definitely disappointed to stop texting her, but as he leaned into his pillow he began to brainstorm all of the possible conversations they could have in the days to come...