Chapter 3 - The first shift

Y/N POV: it's 4.59 pm. Me and Mammon are standing outside of Hell's Kitchen. We're both just staring at the entrance. He seems quiet nervous, but so am I.

Y/N: Don't worry Mammon, we've got this! I used to work a part time job in the human world so if you need anything you can ask me!

Mammon: P-Pffff whaaattt... I don't need all that... do you think the Great Mammon would need help? Do I have to remind you that I'm-

Y/N: -the great Mammon Avatar of Greed. The second born out of the seven Rulers of Devildom, younger Brother of Lucifer, Avatar of Pride.

Mammon: E-Exactly! So i-im totally not nervous!

*you look at him and he gives you a nervous look*

Y/N: Do you want a good luck kiss?

Mammon: W-WHAT? M-M-ME??? I MEAN SHOULDNT YOU BE THE ONE WHOS ASNKNG? LOOK AT YOU! YOURE CLEARLY NERVOUS! D-DO YOU WANT A GOOD LUCK KISS, HUH??

Y/N: Actually, I am pretty nervous, yea. So I wouldn't t mind a good luck kiss!

Mammon: O-Oh! Would you look at the time! It's 5.01pm! L-lets head inside.

*you steal a quick kiss and before he could react, you were already inside*

Big Guy: oh would you look at that! It's the great Mammon and his Guest. I never caught the Name, BTW.

Y/N: it's Y/N. It thought you said you knew me?

Big Guy: Well, you're well known at RAD as the human who made pacts with all the demon Brothers. We don't mention your name often.

Y/N: You better remember That name, and spread that name. Because THAT y/n is going to work here at Hell's Kitchen and register all the orders to that may ever cross their path!

*you remember how last night you stayed awake thinking of how you could come off to big guy as dominant but not too rude, so you practiced this line the night before for hours*

Big Guy: your attitude has changed, I don't mind tho! There's the locker room. You and your boyfriend can get changed.

Mammon: BOYFRIEND?? I WOULDNT DATE SUCH F-FRAGULE HUMAN! I M-MEAN I AM THE GREAT MAMMON!

*you look at him with a suprised but also very disappointed and sad face*

Mammon: WAIT LET ME RE-OHRASE THAG I-I DIDNT MEAN-

*but you already ran off to the locker room and you're already getting changed*

Y/N POV: That stupid Mammon! Im doing all this for him! I'm always there for him! Why can't he be nice to me! I know he is nice but is he that embarrassed to admit.. I mean.. we didn't make anything official but... denying it like that... am I really not... *sigh*

*you wipe away all the tears and you go out to the register with clearly tears in your eyes. Big Guy was gone and Mammon has also gotten changed and he's standing at the register right next to you*

Mammon: Y/N im sorry i Phrased it wrong

Y/N: oh yeah? What were you trying to say? That I'm not you're partner and that you're more worth of than dating someone like me? I mean, I get it. I AM a human, you're a demon. I'm weak. You're strong. We're a different species. We're so different, you're so much greater than me in so many ways. And you're right but.. it did hurt. I'm sorry, I have to got the bathroom. You get the next order.

Mammon: Y/N please wai-

*but the there was already a customer approaching mammon and you already ran off to the bathroom*

*as you enter, you stare at your reflection.*

Y/N POV: Why, only do I like this idiot so much? Maybe because we spend so much time together? And I wanted to do this to spend even more time.. turns out maybe we need less time. I really thought that maybe... just, maybe... ugh I'm so stupid! I could've guessed that there's no way we'll actually ever become something. Not after what happened to Lilith. I hardly believe that he'll do the same thing Lilith did for that man. But I couldn't help but hoping he would. It would've costed him so much but I want him to risk it for me. Because I would risk it too for him. But now, I'm sure he won't. AHHHH I've been in here for ten minutes or so now, I have to go back to the register..

*as you go back to the register, you let out a deep sigh. You hit yourself then gather your thoughts and stand infront of the register*

Mammon: Y/N please...

Y/N: im sorry, Mammon, I have to work
Yes Ma'am, what would you like to order?

Mammon's POV: Gahhh that idiot. Well actually not I'm the idiot. But still! Listen to me! Why won't they listen to me..! Okay, I get it, they're still sad. But they should really listen to me! Just, after work.. I'll explain everything... I'm sorry...