I

"The beginning."

The sound of car doors slamming shut echoed in the gentle, deserted area, with the faraway waves of water coming up and crashing down, sending foam rushing towards the sand. The moonlight glistened, sending white beams over the earth and reflecting off the clear blue.

The sun had set a while back and it was now around ten as we looked up at the beach house beneath a blanket of stars. It was a light wooden colour with glass windows all around. The structure looked delicate yet there was the feeling that something resilient was hidden underneath all the soft layers.

An appreciate whistle came from Zanaiya's lips as we stepped towards the house.

The thought of laying on the beach all day long, feeling the hot sun and lounging with a drink in my hand made me wish the morning was here already.

I stepped up onto the deck and I expected at least a small creak, however, no sound came. I bristled around in my pocket, pulling out a set of keys and opening up the surprisingly heavy door. We all hauled ass inside with our luggage, setting them down on the floor and taking the chance to look around.

The house was gorgeous inside; it was all light colours and incredible views of the vast beach. Simple paintings hung on the walls and I flipped on the light at the side, welcoming a soft glow. Overhead lights cast a dim yellow hue and we walked around, admiring the beauty of our stay.

There was a small open kitchen at one end with white counters and wooden accessories. A living space was across from it with a couch placed facing a flat screen TV and a view of the ocean behind it in the open space windows.

I ventured upstairs, claiming a bedroom on the left of the staircase. The room was the typical well-put-together beach room with a double bed in the centre made with wood, and matching furniture scattered around. Sage green decorations were placed around, giving the room some colour.

I spent the next few hours settling into the bedroom and I could hear the other two in their respective rooms.

Eventually we all gathered downstairs, and I sat on the L couch with my feet up as I watched the waves from inside. River fiddled around in the kitchen, packing up some grocery we had brought beforehand whilst Zanaiya walked around, catching up on something.

There was no service out here which was a good but also bad thing.

A serene feeling spread through my bones as my eyes were glued to the way the water would come up peacefully then come crashing down, leaving ripples in the water like a blanket of madness. It was a little like life honestly, only the hope was that we stayed on the peaceful way up.

The soft hum of the music filled my ears as it played in the background and I could only hope tomorrow came soon enough. I couldn't wait to lay on the beach in peace. Especially after this month.

I must have watched the water for a while because soon enough I found myself asleep with my knees tucked to my chest and my head incased in my arms as I rested.

×××

I jerked awake when the sound of a hollow knock travelled through the silent room.

A blanket was placed over me and a pillow was tucked under my head which I noticed when I slowly got up from the couch, blinking the dots of sleep away. Both of the girls were missing; telling me that they were asleep upstairs. I'd thank them later for the blanket and pillow.