Chapter 9

The barstool next to me was occupied with a body. I sipped my drink as I smiled at Steve and then passed him to where Harry was staring in our direction licking his lips. 

"How'd it go?" I questioned "as well as it could, he doesn't trust me yet that's for sure but one thing I'm certain about is that he has the hots for you" Steve replied as he took a sip of the drink that was placed in front of him. 

"I mean he's surrounded by old rich women I think I'm just the youngest woman he's come across in this business" I shrugged "don't doubt yourself this does happen to be the second guy in a two day span" Steve started "It's your feisty personality and incredible looks" he casually flirted. 

I smiled as small butterflies fluttered around in my stomach after all America's sweetheart was flirting with me.   

"I'd say by now the house is bugged head to toe, he seems to be a cautious man" I observed. 

I watched as Harry kept a safe distance from whoever he was talking to regularly checking his phone and glancing in our direction most likely waiting for the confirmation that our sweet suburban home was now going to be watched 24/7.

"I haven't been to a party in so long" I said breaking the comfortable silence as Steve turned towards me now giving me his full attention. 

"My last fake party was about a month ago it was actually also for a mission, my partner and I had to bring in essentially a cult, each member had a special job" I explained. "I do love playing dress-up though, doing dangerous work in beautiful dresses is almost euphoric."

"So work is basically your whole life?" Steve asked and I sheepishly nodded slightly embarrassed at my lack of a social life "no no I think it's admirable, you know what you want in your life and you're achieving it" he said saving the situation. 

"Having fun are we?" someone said coming up behind Steve and I. I gracefully shrugged the arm off my shoulder that was meticulously placed by Harry I guess he just doesn't call it quits. 

"We were actually about to head out" Steve said noticing my 'I'm so done with this' appearance. "Well then have a good night" Harry said with a sly grin on his face,

Little did he know that we knew. He was smart but we were smarter however living obliviously sure was hard.  

♡♡♡

AMERICAS SWEETHEART 🥵