Chapter 8

The party was at a grand house. Gold and red were the two most obvious colours in the room. The place was full of an assortment of people however it lacked young females. So this was strictly a business party. 

Many eyes gazed in my direction, I was one of the few young women present so it was bound to happen. I felt a squeeze on my hand and looked up to Steve reassuring me just with a simple look. 

We walked to the open bar and we were quickly handed drinks by the young bartender possibly intimidated by the power in the room. "Chris Ford" I heard a voice say and I turned to see a young man with curly brown hair and attractive features talking to Steve. 

Steve nodded shaking his hand before the man turned to me waiting to be introduced "Alyssa Ford" I smiled shaking his hand, just before I retracted my hand he brought it up to his lips kissing my knuckles gently. 

I hid the disgust on my face "Chris's wife" I added wanting to be clear "Harry Osborn" he said finally giving us his name. I looked at Steve who was already looking at me. Now we had met the man behind the operation. 

"Ready to talk business?" he asked Steve  who looked at me "I can wait at the bar" I said sitting down on one of the barstools. "Won't be too long sweetheart" Harry said as he directed Steve away to a more secluded area.

"So Chris I believe you're interested in some weapons" Harry said once I was out of earshot Steve nodded "and what makes you believe I'll sell to you say if I did have what you wanted" Harry said leaning back against a railing. 

"If you sell to me I see us becoming future partners, my sources can easily become yours as well" Steve lied as Harry nodded intrigued but unsure if he wanted to trust the man yet. 

They talked a bit more discussing simple business as Steve tried further lay his case out hoping Harry would take the bait. 

"Now how about you go back to that beautiful wife of yours don't keep her waiting too long, I know I wouldn't" Harry smirked as both men stared in my direction oblivious to the conversation.  

"Don't you worry about that" Steve said as he patted Harry's back maybe a little harder than he intended but smiling it off as a normal gesture, defending you was something he didn't think he'd have to be doing so often but he didn't seem to mind it one bit. 

♡♡♡

has to be one of my fav interactions 😩

bonus chapter xoxo