Arrival

I awoke suddenly. This was it, my first mission.
"It is time," said Ajak, the prime Eternal - our leader.

I looked around as I stood up, taking my place against the wall of the Domo, our starship. It felt natural to do so.

There were ten others, all of whom came from my home planet, Olympia. It was strange, not knowing who the others were, but our planet was big and there are many eternals. Perhaps they, like me had just finished training, or perhaps they were on a second or third mission already.

I felt slightly inferior to those around me, as the Domo provided us with our battle suits. I looked down, mine was a light orange colour with black markings.

"Hello there," said a voice beside me. I turned.
A man stood on my right, clothed in black and red. I smiled.

"Hello."
He smiled, and continued looking at me with his blue eyes.

"I'm Artemis," I said smiling.
"Druig," he said still smiling slightly, then he tilted his head. "First mission?"
"Yeah," I nodded, sitting down beside the wall. "You?"
He nodded and sat down next to me.

"What's your skill?" He asked crossing his legs.
"What's yours?" I countered and he smiled still more broadly but our conversation didn't continue.

At that moment, Ajak called our attention.
"We don't know what the inhabitants of Earth will be like when we get there," she said. "Druig, I leave it to you to calm them if they're alarmed by us." (Druig nodded).

"Our fighters will go down first, and get rid of the deviants before the rest of us can follow; Thena, Gilgamesh, Makkari, Ikaris, Kingo and Artemis, are you ready?"

Nodding, I stood up taking my place beside Thena and Gilgamesh. I looked back over my shoulder to see Druig giving me a curious expression. I don't know why, but I winked.

There were many deviants, Ikaris, perhaps the strongest fighter had taken one on by himself while Makkari, with her speed, ensured the inhabitants were safe before helping Kingo with a deviant. Both Thena and Gilgamesh took one on, leaving me to fight the final deviant on my own.

My bow and arrows were made of cosmic energy, I didn't need to nock an arrow against the bowstring, they were already there.

I shot the deviant in the eye, distracting it from a young boy. It roared in anger, turning to charge at me instead. I shot another arrow, but it only angered it. I dodged its horned tail and took aim again, this time shooting its shoulder. Thinking that I was only angering it further, I ran up to it, jumping onto its back.

"Oh you're feisty," I muttered, running unsteadily along its back before shooting it in the head.
The deviant buckled, and fell forward onto the ground.

Not taking any chances though, I switched my bow to a dagger, and slit its head open as I slid off of it. Landing ungracefully at the others feet.

Turning my head, I saw that they had all already finished with their deviants and were standing, waiting for me along with those who had remained on the ship.

I looked around from my place on the hard earth, one of the inhabitants had a wooden spear pointing right at my head, while another had a jagged rock raised, ready to throw it at me.

I dropped my armed hand, and the dagger disappeared. Glancing back at the others, I saw Druig move forward. His bright blue eyes glowed yellow and looking at the inhabitants, I saw all of theirs light up yellow too. Those nearest me dropped their weapons first. I sighed, as Druig held out a hand for me to take, helping me up.

"Thanks," I told Druig. Now standing beside him.
"Any time," he smiled as one of the others, Sersei, made contact with them.

We decided to call them human.