bruno - finally home

Beginne am Anfang

You sighed, and turned back to look at the stars. "I wonder what my Gift would be."

"You certainly have a talent for annoying me." He snorted, before shrieking when you sharply turned your head to glare at him.

You laughed. "Scaredy cat, I didn't even do anything and you're already shrieking your head off."

He huffed in embarrassment, but eventually smiled. "You've always been good at dancing, maybe you could...I don't know. Maybe you could make arepas fall from the sky when you dance."

The two of you erupted into laughter at his idea, and it took you a few minutes to stop giggling. "The town would never go hungry again." You laughed.

Neither of you spoke for a while, simply enjoying each other's company, before Bruno spoke up again.

"Promise to stay like this forever?"

You knew exactly what he meant when he said "this", the bond you two had was more than a friendship, a relationship no one could come close to understanding, but you smiled anyway.

"Promise." You answered, as the first firework flew into the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Present day:

You were hanging out the washing, watching your friend's daughter play with Antonio and Camilo on the grass. Your friend was busy for the day, so you had offered to take care of her daughter, and it had ended in mayhem. They were running through the washing wildly, but the threat of not having ice cream after dinner quietened them down. You reached into the basket and pulled out a poncho, and you froze.

It was the one Bruno had loved to wear. It was a dark sage green, with waves of darker and lighter shades of green, and you were flooded with memories as you held it in your hands. When Bruno had disappeared, Abuela had thrown away all his old belongings, but you had managed to keep this one. To remind you of your closest friend and soulmate.

You were pegging it up along with the other clothes when you suddenly heard Pepa yelling at the top of her voice.

"Y/NNNNN!!! Y/N Y/L/N GET HERE RIGHT NOW!" You blinked as Pepa came charging towards you, skidding to a halt before she crashed into the washing line.

"Y/N..you have to...see this...Mirabel and Bru-Bruno." She gasped for air, flopping onto the floor, catching her breath, but you were already running though the town, towards the direction of the Madrigal house.

You ran as fast as your legs would carry you, and you eventually reached the front lawn of the casita, and you couldn't believe your eyes.

Bruno.

Bruno, the boy who used to lay with you on the grass, weaving daisies into your hair. Bruno, who used to place a bucket on his head and pretended to be a different person and made you laugh. Bruno, who held you close in his arms as you cried, doing everything he could to make you feel better.

Bruno.

He was currently being embraced by Abuela, but his eyes widened in recognition when he saw you. He smiled quickly at his mother before running towards you as fast as he could. You started to walk towards him at the same time before picking up the speed.