8. A SkyWing With No Fire

Hollyberry, Pure Vanilla, Dark Cacao and Golden Cheese were all escorted by SkyWing guards to an empty room. Or at least Hollyberry initially thought the room was empty, but Pitaya sat in the middle of the room, his tail swaying furiously. Queen Scarlet and Burn followed the dragonets of destiny and the guards into the room.

Scarlet glared at Pitaya, "Out."

"But this is my room-" Pitaya protested, but still left anyways.

Queen Scarlet began placing rocks in front of the dragonets, separating them from the rest of the room. Burn made no move to help her, instead watching with that menacing gaze of hers.

"We should just kill them." The eldest SandWing princess (or Queen, depending on the dragon's perspective) growled.

"That wouldn't be fun." Queen Scarlet replied, finishing arranging the rocks, "We have a whole day of entertainment planned for tomorrow involving these dragonets. It's going to be my hatching day, I want it to be especially thrilling!"

"I don't care about your 'fun'." Burn growled, "We need to stop the prophecy. Let's kill them and get it over with."

"Well... yes. But think." The SkyWing queen said, "if we kill the dragonets now, out of sight, it does us no good. Even if we hang them from the palace walls, no one will believe it's them. But if we put the dragonets in the arena, everyone can see them die. They'll lose all faith in the prophecy. Much more powerful that way, with gruesome visuals! Don't you agree?"

"What if they win?" Burn asked.

"They won't." Scarlet stated simply, before adding, "But killing them ourselves is a solid backup plan."

"You know we're right here, right?" Golden Cheese called out, "Don't you want to hatch your evil plans somewhere more secretive?"

"Who do you think you'll tell before you die?" Burn hissed.

Queen Scarlet breathed fire down onto the arranged stones, creating a wall of fire between them. If Hollyberry wasn't on the wrong side of the fire, she might've thought it was a smart idea. All of the dragonets stepped back, trying to get as far away from the fire as possible.

"I thought I'd get to play with you longer, but I guess you all have to die tomorrow. Nobody let's me have any fun." Scarlet grinned, her face appearing distorted through the fire, "Sleep well, so you'll be thrilling for my arena."

"I don't like them." Hollyberry said, stating the obvious.

Suddenly, Pure Vanilla nuzzled Hollyberry's neck, smiling. The MudWing grimaced a little at the sudden contact, her scales were still a bit sore from her fight, but the hug was very welcome.

"I'm so glad you're alive." He smiled, entertaining his tail with Hollyberry's and carefully pointing the poisonous barb away from her.

"Me too, you incredibly huge idiot." Golden Cheese grinned, joining the hug.

Dark Cacao sighed, shaking his head in disapproval but also joined the hug. It felt nice, but  incomplete without White Lily. Eventually they all separated, and began to talk once more.

"I'm more glad you three are alive." Hollyberry announced with a smile.

"Playing that song was pretty smart, Cheese." Dark Cacao stated, a small smile on his face.

"I thought you did that." Golden Cheese admitted, confused.

"It was me." Hollyberry confessed, her pinkish brown scales glistening in the firelight.

"Wow, good job." Pure Vanilla praised her.

"Guess you aren't as huge of an idiot as I thought." Golden Cheese mumbled, earning a sharp nudge from Dark Cacao.