CH 25: Eternal Harmony

Start from the beginning

"Private account? Pathetic," Jake cracked.

Jessica stared into his eyes with anger while (y/n) just laughed.

"I mean, he's right. Jake was probably the bravest guy to admit that he cheated," (y/n) spoke.

"That was my past," he spoke casually.

"And Jessica is my present,"

The fire in Jessica's eyes was cooled down as she heard those words come out of his mouth. That was definitely the most genuine sentence Jake has ever said to somebody.

"This might be weird for you, but, uh... I got this for you," Jake said awkwardly with a tiny smile as he pulled out the hands that he has been hiding behind his back.

He handed Jessica a white daisy. She was stunned by his gentle action, pink blush started rising on her cheeks. She took the flower from him with a sweet smile. "Thank you,"

Meanwhile, (y/n) stared at the daisy weirdly with furrowed eyebrows.

"Wanna dance?" he asked politely as he stretched out his arm to her.

She smiled hugely as she nodded. The enemies to lovers things she had been saying to (y/n) and Luka are now reversed back at her. But deep inside her heart, she's happy that Jake has changed. The old Jake that used to call every girl he met "princess" has changed completely.

Except for his annoying habit, of course.

In Jake's perspective, he has found his true princess. It was Jessica all along. The girl he hated the most is now the girl he loves the most.

Jessica intertwined her arm with Jake as they walked to the dancefloor. Jake quickly glanced at (y/n) before they were too far from her.

"Yes, I took it from your backyard. Sorry," Jake whispered.

(y/n) facepalmed. Her instinct about the daisy was true, it was her mother's flower all along. "You should be thankful that you're with Jess, right now,"

Jake just grinned as he gazed back at Jessica.

(y/n) shook her head as she took a sip out of her drink. She suddenly felt somebody was patting her shoulder. She gazed at her back, only to see Mr Couffaine.

"Happy birthday, creampuff," he wished her while smiling sweetly.

(y/n) felt butterflies were flying in her stomach as Luka called her by her pet name that he gave.

"Thanks, blueberry," she grinned, making Luka chuckle.

"Anyway, what if I tell you... I have a bigger surprise?" Luka changed the topic.

Her eyebrows furrowed as Luka said so.

Luka smiled, pulling (y/n) to sit on the couch without any hesitation. He glanced at Rose, giving her a nod.

Rose nodded back, whispering something to Juleka and Ivan. (y/n) just watched them in confusion.

Sass slipped out of his pocket before he approached Rose. He flew into (y/n)'s bag of chips. Maybe he wanted to listen to the band from the audience's perspective instead.

Luka received a microphone from Rose. He got everyone's attention as he tapped his finger on it. He cleared his throat, taking a nervous breath before he started his little speech.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen... and kids. Tonight, I want to perform a song that I wrote for the most wholesome girl in the world. Well, my world, at least. I hope you'll enjoy it," Luka casually spoke on the microphone.