CH 3: Small Change

I woke up today, ready to go to the training. I put on my casual comfortable outfit after showering and walked downstairs.

Unexpectedly, my father was there. He was rewarding himself a cup of black coffee in the kitchen with a laptop on his side to do his work. Oh, he's still alive?

"Hey, honey," he noticed my presence.

"Hey, dad," I answered.

"Where're you going?" he asked while pouring some hot water into his cup.

Seriously? They're that busy that they can barely read my texts?

I sighed. "I told you I'm going to the training today," I said while grabbing the cereal box.

"What training? Cheerleading? On the weekend?"

Oh, he's joking. Right? RIGHT?

"My modelling training session, duh," I spoke as I opened the fridge to grab the carton of milk.

His eyebrows furrowed. Clearly, he didn't know I auditioned for Audrey Bourgeois' new model.

"You model? With who? When?"

I almost slammed the bowl at him when I heard so.

"Dad, you know I've always wanted to be a model, right?" I did a forcibly huge smile to control my anger.

"I auditioned for Audrey Bourgeois' brand. She was looking for new models for her design," I explained.

"Really? I thought you love drawing,"

I wish I could just grab my perfume upstairs and shove it into his mouth until he dies with those chemicals.

Drawing? I can barely draw a stickman!

"That glare is a no?"

I rolled my eyes, grabbing a spoon for my cereal.

"I'm pretty sure you love to draw. Oh, no. That's my friend's son, haha silly me,"

Wow, he remembers his friend's son's hobby than his own child's?

"Remember Mr Kurtzberg? His son is such a good artist. He must be so proud of him," whoever he was talking about, I don't care.

"Remember (y/n) (l/n)? Oh, his dad doesn't know about her passion. She must be so proud to have him as the best father in the world," I fired back.

"Funny, (y/n). Anyways, when did you start cooking again?"

Dude! He's- *sigh* HE'S READY TO DIE AT THIS MOMENT.

I lost my patience, so I casually pushed the laptop screen down and made it shut down by itself.

"Why would you do that?! I haven't saved that yet!"

"Is your work way more important than your own daughter? Is your work more valuable that you don't even know your daughter's hobby and dream?" I'm sorry, dad. I just couldn't hold it anymore.

"(y/n), do you know that we work hard to raise you-"

"Raise me? I'm pretty sure Jessica's parents spent their time raising both of us more than you did with one kid," I glared.

"We do this for our living, (y/n)-"

"Then I would rather live with Jessica because it's not worth living in a big house alone without any attention and love from my own parents!"

"(y/n) (l/n)!" he shouted. His voice echoed in the huge building.

"If you disrespect me again, I'll not be hesitant to kick you out of this house!"