i'd go spinnin' 'round the sun with you again and again

ricky's gaze was captivated by the shimmering diamond ring on his wife's hand as she playfully tapped her fingers along her swollen navel. nini's face lit up into a warm smile after her playful rhythm encouraged kicks from the baby. upon receiving their rings from lynne, the couple got the rings sized perfectly and never removed them. their life and marriage in los angeles began to feel solidified. nini was happily nesting, preparing their apartment for her rapidly approaching due date. nini's baby shower in salt lake city was this weekend, resulting in the couple arranging their belongings to fly in a few days early to visit family and friends.

"babe, do you have everything packed for salt lake city?" nini questioned as ricky motioned toward his suitcase gently shaking it around to signify he completed the task. before ricky could answer, his expression shifted to one of horror as he saw his wife haphazardly toss her suitcase onto the sofa beside him.

without hesitation, ricky's hands reached for her belly, his expression worried. "hey! you are carrying precious cargo, i'll take that." ricky gasped sharply as he took the suitcase from her possession and zipped it shut. nini pressed a loving kiss to his cheek before heading toward the front door. she needed to get a few last-minute toiletries before their flight while ricky tidied up their apartment. ricky pecked nini's lips as he walked her out, "i love you."

"i love you." nini smiled into the kiss,

as his wife left for her errands, ricky began to busy himself in the baby's nursery finally having the time off to finish assembling lyric's crib, rocking chair, and changing table. ricky couldn't help but smile as he entered the lavender bedroom that was scattered with tiny baby necessities and butterfly decorations. the end of nini's pregnancy was looming over them as the months began to pass them by.

much to his surprise, his pre-parental anxiety had lessened after reading numerous pregnancy-related books and researching advice for fathers-to-be. his nerves began to shift toward nini's birth plan, all-natural without medication. every book and piece of advice ricky has received taught him that birth and labor are extremely painful for the mother-to-be, he did not want to see nini suffer through a long first delivery as the books had described.

to distract himself from his anxiety, he poured himself into his work, special dates with nini before it's three of them, preparing for the baby, and many doctor's appointments. ricky was hoping to complete most of the furniture before nini would return home and before their baby shower. he was certain that lyric would receive many amazing gifts, as the first child to be in the bowen residence. many of ricky and nini's closest friends and family had been invited and intended to attend the baby shower.

nini returned happily from the market with her travel-sized toiletries and her current cravings ready to be packed in her carry-on for their flight today. ricky had mentioned earlier that morning that he would tidy up the apartment before tidying himself to ready for the airport. the apartment was spotless, with aromas of lumpia cooking in the kitchen. nini searched for where her husband was, the kitchen was empty except for the plate of warm lumpia on the table. as she headed down the hall toward their bedroom, she heard the shower running.

before she could enter their shared bedroom, in the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of light. the light was on in lyric's nursery, and nini had not expected to return and find the baby's nursery near completion. As the end of nini's pregnancy neared, her fears increased. the feelings are foreign and opposite to how nini had felt the rest of her pregnancy. the reality of their lives altering as they know seemed to be looming over her head as it had done to ricky months prior. she now understood the personal turmoil her husband went through, nini was excited for her baby but missed who she was.

nini wondered if she would get back into music after the birth of lyric, logistically how the process would work, but it seems impossible. her eyes had filled with tears resulting in them spilling down her cheeks. her worries about motherhood taking over her identity and music had sent her into a downward spiral. before nini could properly break down, ricky had been at her side pressing a kiss to her head.

"you don't have to cry bub, it's takeout." ricky chuckled as he used his towel to dry his wet curls, "are you okay?" he asked looking her over,

rather than worry her husband about what she deemed to be a hormonal outburst, she minimized the situation. nini nodded, smiling softly before taking a bite of her spring rolls.

"just hormonal and emotional preparing for the shower." she lightly fibbed, as the feelings she had were not all negative. nini was feeling excited to see their family and friends after a long eight months apart. ricky soothingly rubbed circular motions along her back, his expression much calmer than moments before. the couple had quickly devoured their meal and fetched their belongings to depart to the airport.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 21, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

i think i'm kinda you know...pregnantजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें