we've been together hand-in-hand through it all

ricky's entire work day dragged on longer than he mentally could handle after his argument with nini. against his better judgement and listening to the mother of his child, ricky told his boss yes, despite everything in his heart telling him no. his rather hormonal pregnant girlfriend dumped him because of his new job, albeit this relocation would require many different changes quickly. ricky now understood how difficult it would be to be a new parent in a new city but was confident they could handle it together.

he would have a stable enough income to support their family in a different state without any family nearby. ricky understood her concerns about expenses and other issues but he didn't believe for a second that being apart would benefit their unborn daughter. his anger got the best of him this morning, there was no way he could actually leave his girls behind. ricky wasn't sure if nini would come around, he was terrified. ricky wanted nothing more than for their their family to flourish, unlike his own family during his childhood.

after his shift had ended, ricky reluctantly headed back to the apartment. he was unsure what he would be returning to, or how nini would react. but ricky knew they needed to figure this out and he needed to fix it. he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he didn't try his hardest to repair their union.

the apartment was rather quiet, the television on in the living room the volume too low to hear. nini was fast asleep on the couch, her face stained with tears. he regretted leaving things the way he did, leaving her so upset.

ricky sighed sadly as he gently gave her swollen belly a few rubs before softly pressing a kiss to her bump. "daddy promises to be better for you, my little dove."

"you came back..." she whispered quietly, the sleep in her voice evident. their eyes met instantly.

"of course i came back. i couldn't leave my girls behind. i won't leave you no matter how much you try to convince me to."

nini's eyes began to pool with tears at ricky's heartfelt confession. she let her doubts and fears about the future of their family consume her. there were many adjustments going on in their lives right now, ricky typically didn't adapt well to change while nini thrived. now that she was pregnant, their roles had completely reversed. nini was panicked while ricky maintaining his cool for the most part.

ricky gently wiped her tears away caressing her cheek softly. he wasn't sure how receptive nini would be to his touch, but she allowed it. despite her brain trying convince her this relocation was a bad idea, nini forced herself to listen to the man she loved most. ricky would never steer them in the wrong direction, why would she continue to let her doubts get in their way?

"i've done a lot of thinking... you're right. relocating to la while you're pregnant would be really difficult. but i don't think it's something we couldn't manage. i can't handle it when we're like this, neens. i want to be better for our baby, i want better for her. i want to be in her life not from video chat or child support..."

nini's lip began to quiver more as she glanced down to her swollen belly, where their unborn daughter rested. ricky had been nothing short of an amazing father since finding out. she hadn't realized how iced out he would be living in a different state throughout the pregnancy. ricky didn't deserve that nor did their baby, nini was convinced she was thinking of their daughter. but, her concerns definitely overpowered her thinking causing her to lose sight of what was truly important.

their family.

"i'm so sorry ricky." nini sobbed as she clung to his body as if her life had depended on it. ricky didn't say a word, he simply held the brunette letting her release all of her emotions. he knew there had to be more to her refusing to relocate, nini had been so excited about the idea prior to her pregnancy.