winter, spring, summer, and we're back to fall

ricky, nini, big red, ashlyn, kourtney, ej, gina, seb and carlos had become the closest group of friends after doing high school theater together. a lot had changed within the group since their high school days. but one thing that remained the same was the closeness and love for their friendships. after high school, the group managed to stay in contact with one another despite personal responsibilities getting in the way. college was an eventful time for all of the young adults, they made sure every holiday they reconnected and celebrated together.

ricky and nini were the most domesticated out of the group with a baby on the way. ej and gina were happily living together in a loft near their respective jobs. big red lived in salt lake managing slices' pizza, while ashlyn had focused on her career as an indie actress in hollywood. kourtney was an aspiring designer who often curated looks for ashlyn's auditions or events. seb and carlos moved the farthest away, living their best lives in new york city.

nini couldn't contain the wide smile on her face as she overlooked her friends filling up the tiny apartment with their laughter and conversation. every moment the group spent together felt like another memory being created, nini couldn't wait to create memories with their child and friends.

"hey neenerz, what's got you all smiley? you're not drunk yet are you?"

kourtney joked as she playfully nudged the brunette beside her, causing her to let out a laugh. nini was typically a happy bubbly personality but she had been acting happier and gigglier than her ordinary self. gina nor ashlyn had noticed nini drink any wine like they were, yet nini was bubblier than ever. zero alcohol had been the cause, she muttered an excuse about an early studio session the next morning. unbeknownst to ricky and nini, their friends had suspicions growing about them.

nini shrugged slightly with a small smirk on her lips. "i'm just really happy." ricky longingly admired his girlfriend from across the apartment, despite his initial shock and fear. the idea of fatherhood didn't seem so daunting, pregnant nini had been his favorite version of her thus far. ricky fell in love with nini over and over again watching her pregnancy progress.

"why is she so happy? you two are staring at each other like lovesick puppies!" carlos interjected pointing over at nini, earning himself a glare from seb. but carlos was far from wrong, ricky and nini had been on cloud nine since discovering their baby news. the couple wasn't shy about hiding their excitement.

before ricky could answer, nini and the rest of their friend group left the kitchen to join them in the living room. ej and gina were huddled on the cozy recliner near the piano. seb and carlos were seated at the grand piano playing around with the keys and humming tunes. big red and ashlyn sat on the loveseat beside kourtney and howie. nini sat on the ledge of their couch with ricky rubbing her shoulders gently.

"i think we should tell them," ricky whispered to his girlfriend quietly, standing up from where they were seated rather abruptly.
ricky cleared his throat causing all eyes to fall on the couple.

"why tell them when we can show them?"

nini smiled mischievously, an idea coming to mind. ricky looked over at his girlfriend with a puzzled expression. the outfit nini had chose was a simple white blouse with a floral midi skirt that camouflaged her baby bump perfectly. ricky grinned like a kid in a candy store, while admiring his girlfriend.

"ricky and i have been keeping a secret for a while, mainly to ensure i made it through the risk period. but, i'm pregnant! baby girl bowen is coming soon!" nini exposed her bare baby bump smiling widely causing all of their friends to squeal and scream in joy.

"i knew it! i knew she was pregnant, damn is that baby gonna be genetically blessed!"

"neenerz, you're glowing! you're going to be the best mom out there."