#21 Oliver Queen

Warnings: None

"Listen, listen," I grabbed a hold of Felicity's arms as she rambled on and on about my birthday party. She wasn't usually the partying type, but she was the obnoxiously supportive type. "I love the energy but I don't want a party."

Felicity and I had been friends for years. Ever since her move to Starling City.

"You haven't had a party in years," she replied. My jaw clenched. She knew why. "You don't... You don't have to invite him but you don't have to hold your life up for him either."

I just looked down.

"If you want a party, we will have a damn party."

I chuckled at her bluntness, "Then let's have a damn party."

"Oh, yay," Felicity pulled me into a tight hug, which made me laugh.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

--time skip--

It was going better than expected.

Felicity respected my wishes for a pretty small party. Snacks and drinks with some of my closest friends.

Some stayed, some only stopped by.

Felicity, of course, stuck around, helping people stack presents on the table and restocking drinks and such. Tommy and Laurel were there pretty much the entire night. That also included a few other friends from work that had supported me the most.

Thea stopped by to drop off a present with the excuse of having to meet someone. I think it was a boyfriend but that's none of my business.

We were all having a great time.

There was a knock on the door a little while after Thea left. I looked at Felicity, silently asking if she had invited anyone else. She furrowed her eyebrows too, shrugging.

I walked over and pulled the door open. My heart dropped when I saw Oliver on the other side. I sighed.

I had seen him a few times since he returned. His hair was shorter now, he had bulked up more, his smile seemed more genuine.

"(Y/n)," he said, grinning softly. "I just wanted to talk to you."

"Right now," I asked.

He nervously held out a hand to me, a gift bag reading "happy birthday" sitting on his fingers. I took it from him.

The entire party was watching the scene. Most people knew Oliver Queen and what he was like before he left. No one was shocked that our relationship wasn't golden. A few flings with other girls and the pattern of generally being a dick will do that to a relationship.

"I owe you an apology," he stepped closer to me. I was torn between stepping back to make myself clear to him or staying still to stand my ground. "After everything I did to you, I can't expect you to forgive me right away. I'm so, so sorry. You don't have to forgive me now... or ever... but I'm not going to stop trying, ever. Because during all the time that I spent on that island... I was thinking of you. I... I love you, (Y/n)."

I felt all the eyes on me after his declaration. I stood silent, tears in my eyes that were caused by pure anger. Felicity walked over once it was clear that I wasn't going to speak. I slammed the bag into her hands before shoving past Oliver and storming out of my own birthday party.

"(Y/n)," I heard Oliver behind me. Why did I miss how he said my name? Why did I miss him? "Please wait."

"No," I shook my head as I continued my way down the building's stairwell. The elevator would've taken too long to get there. "I don't want to. I don't want this conversation. I want to be alone."