にじゅうよ ん - Twenty Four

Depuis le début

He only laughed quietly, patting her head in a lovingly way; just like he used to do when they were both teenagers.

"Ok, ok, gomen ne (sorry). But, you sure are more emotional than I remember."

She sighed not having an excuse for that.

"Ok... yeah, I am. And it's a crap." the girl dried her tears on the sleeves of her blouse.

"It's not a bad thing. For someone who used to be as emotional as a rock... Ouch!!" he flinched as she kicked him on his leg. That brought not so pleasant memories.

"Hey, keep quiet or you'll wake Shota!" she shushed him, pointing to the said sleeping man.

"I didn't yell! And it's your fault!" he replied pouting. "Though in his state he might not even notice if we burned the room..."

She directed him a glance — Don't even think about it — making the blonde sigh theatrically and adjust his glasses.

"Okay, okay... Nee, N/n, why have you always taken his side?" he questioned her. Hizashi crossed his arms and stared at the girl — still pouting.

"I don't always take his side."

"Yes you do. You used to scold me, Nemuri and Oboro and always agreed with him."

She rolled her eyes.

"Because he was the most reasonable of you three! In fact, he still is! Now shush before..."

"Urusai (you're too loud)."

The grumpy voice they knew too well suddenly ended their argument making them freeze on their places.

"How do you expect me to sleep when you two are talking so loud?" Aizawa complained, opening one eye to give them a harsh, and not even a bit pleased, glare.

"S-shota!" Y/n jumped and immediately ran to his side. The same did Hizashi, his eyes widening as he saw his friend was awake. "You're awake?! How are you feeling?"

"Not great thanks to you." he retorted. However, upon seeing the hurt and sad faces his friends gave him in return, he sighed and softened his tone. "I'm better. The pain is subsiding...."

"Y-yokatta (I'm g-glad)!!" Y/n bent over the empty side of the bed and choked, holding back more tears.

She couldn't believe she was breaking down all over again, her control melting just like marshmallows on fire. Stupid emotions...

"Oi... I'm not dying."

Shota stared at her, now with both eyes opened in his usual bored expression.

"S-shut up..." Y/n left the bedside and walked out of the room in order to calm herself.

"Don't be harsh with her. She was really worried." Hizashi whispered to him when the girl was far enough. If she heard him saying that she would be mad.

Aizawa said nothing for a while; his eyes locked on the white wall before him.

"How are the students?"

"Everyone is unharmed despite the Midoriya boy. He broke both legs to save All Might. By the way, you missed the show." Hizashi finished with an excited tone which caught Aizawa's attention.

"They defeated the villains?" he guessed. Even All Might being hurt, he still was the number one so it wasn't a surprise he had defeated them. And Midoriya, he also wouldn't hesitate to use his quirk to save someone. Even if it meant hurting himself on the process.

"All Might had a hard time defeating Nomu and the other two got away, sadly. But I'm not referring to this. If it wasn't for N/n using her quirk he..."

"What?!" Aizawa's eyes widened and he turned his head abruptly, a shot of pain cursing his body as result. He cursed but his shock to Hizashi's words was greater than the pain he felt.