にじゅうよ ん - Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

It didn't take long for her to find room 531. It was near the end, at a more reclusive area. The door was opened so she could see the room with white and cream hues and Aizawa's figure on the bed, but he wasn't alone. Next to him, sitting on a chair, there was Hizashi.

"Hizashi?!" Y/n let out a surprised sound. She thought he was already gone.

"You took longer than I thought." he replied as he turned around and got up, stretching himself. "Uuughhh... I shouldn't have slept here."

"Sorry..."

He made a gesture with his hand signaling she didn't have to feel sorry.

"Don't need to. Now, how are you? Did you manage to get some sleep or Kayama woke you?"

"She woke me but I slept just fine. I just needed to rest. I'm better now. Thanks by the way."

He smiled, the bright cheerful smile she has always loved. That brought her a bit of hope and courage to ask the next question:

"So... How is he?" Y/n's semblance got dark as she locked eyes on Aizawa who was laying on the bed, connected to a blood bag, saline solution and the monitor machine. His body was almost entirely covered by bandages — his eyes being the only uncovered part — and he seemed deeply asleep. She gulped when she took notice of his status.

"He had multiple fractures on his legs and face, apart from the bruises. He may have a hard time recovering..." Hizashi sighed. " But he is stable now and will live. That's what matters."

Y/n held her tears as her eyes welled up. She didn't know he was badly injured. He could've died and she wouldn't know until it was too late. The girl breathed deeply and focused on the beating of Shota's stable heart, closing her eyes. She felt a mixture of relief and guilt. Suddenly, arms closed around her and she dove into the warm and familiar embrace. He smelled like leather and hair gel which triggered nice memories and made her feel less anxious and preoccupied. Some tears fell.

"Don't blame yourself and don't keep thinking what could've gone wrong." Hizashi murmured reading her like an open book. He pattered her back, soothing her.

"How do you know what I was thinking?" she replied quietly, resting her head on his chest since now he was way taller than her. Well, he has always been taller than her but now the difference was more noticeable.

Hizashi moved away a little bit to look her in the eye.

"Because you're my friend. So I know dreadful thoughts slip into your mind when you become worried."

He didn't need to elaborate more. That simple yet meaningful answer ended the question. She felt a warm feeling in her heart and thanked the gods for having him right now by her side. He was loud, overactive, a pain in the ass sometimes, but he was one of the best people she had ever met.

Y/n looked up slowly finding his eyes and he had to hold a laugh when he saw the lost puppy face she had.

"Moreover, what do you think he would say if he saw you crying for him?" he let a tiny smile slip. "You know... There's snot coming out of your nose."

"I'm not crying!" she replied trying to hide the wet trails on her face — unsuccessfully — while she cleaned her nose, only to discover it wasn't dirty. He was teasing her. Hizashi chuckled.

"Then why are your eyes and my jacket wet and you have this lost puppy look, N/n chan?" he teased her again, opening a wide grin this time.

"You can't feel it! It's leather! And I don't look like a puppy!" she complained getting out of his embrace and slapping his arm. "Baka (idiot)!"