05: STRANGERS.

CHAPTER FIVE
❪ STRANGERS ❫

There are no strangers here;Only friends you haven't yet met

Only friends you haven't yet met.
William Butler Yeats.

WHIRLS OF DUST AND SAND announced her arrival, slashing against the wooden tables of the market, and customers and merchants as she returned

WHIRLS OF DUST AND SAND announced her arrival, slashing against the wooden tables of the market, and customers and merchants as she returned. The sun was already standing high, early noon was covering this side of the planet. She didn't need any timer to know that time was running out. If Poe had survived the crash, he might be severely injured ( any other possibility would not find a place in her thoughts at the moments. ) The area was massive. Dangerous sinking holes, which swallow up anything standing too long on them, starving animals that would find easy prey in an injured pilot or even the arid world itself could mean his death if he wouldn't find any water quickly. The moisturizing farms outside of the Outpost told her that every water was far from his reach.

She would need a droid ( or two ) with a topological and electromechanical scanner. Without it she might speed over the desert for hours, losing her own way and perhaps missing him by mere meters while trying to find him. There was just no time for second guesses and unplanned trips, but as she bursted into Plutt's stand, eyes falling onto her with equal surprise and shock, she got the bad feeling it wouldn't be easy to get here what she was looking for.

Meirina hid her face again. The long end of the shawl laid over her nose, clipped onto the other side, only displaying her sea blue eyes which held a storm behind them back.

"Do you have a droid with a topological and electromechanical scanner?" Her question was clear and demanding, obvious that she wouldn't take a no as a finite answer. In this junkyard of a planet, she wouldn't believe that the stinking crime lord did not possess a few droids with such abilities. Even if they might be beyond repair, she could still salvage it. Stars, she would build a droid from scratch if she'd had the time.

"You cut the line, sweetheart."

Her skin crawled, disgusted by his name for her and the inner storm got dangerously close to breaching out of its vessel. She had tasted blood in Tuanul and as any predator, to let go would be a difficult feat. Her eyes burned through Plutt.