Chapter 9

A few days passed and the girls tried everything to get me and their mother closer together. They made up excuses to leave the room and left me alone with Lady Dimitrescu. She watched me when I played with the collar, deep in thoughts and sometimes she touched my cheek to get me out of my head. I was grateful for that because sometimes the thoughts were too dark, and I wanted to escape them. She held my hand many moments when I felt alone and when my depression tried to eat me up. The more time I spent with her alone the heavier my feelings were for her. Lady Dimitrescu soon found out about my praise kink, because every time she praised me and said good girl to me my whole face got red, and I rubbed my thighs together. I would never admit that to her, but it aroused me every time she praised me, and I had to release the pressure at night.

Tonight, was one of those nights. I laid in my bed and my fingers ghosted over my skin, my breath hitched, and my cheeks were rosy. Just when my fingers reached my waistband a scream interrupted my movements. My body shot up and I listened, there was another scream and I jumped out of my bed, grabbing my dagger, and running out of the room. Some windows were broken, and I immediately searched for the girls, it was dangerous for them with those broken windows, the chilly winter air could kill them, and those screams weren't a good sight. They huddled in a corner of the main room with a few men surrounding them. Bela held her sisters tight against her body and I saw Daniela's leg was already beginning to crystallize. Cassandra saw me and her eyes widened, she shook her head not to come to them, but I was stubborn, I couldn't let them die. They're my family and nobody would hurt or kill them. Something snapped in me!

I sneaked up to one of the men and stabbed my dagger into his carotid artery, he screamed and fell dead to the floor, twitching a few seconds. The others turned around and directed their weapons towards me. Bela stood up with her sisters and pushed Daniela into a different room to heal, she and Cassandra tried to turn the attention back to them, but I threw another dagger against another man, hitting his stomach. He grumbled and fell to his knees, when another one behind me hit my head with something hard. I felt something warm run down my neck and the smell of iron hit my nose. Bela and Cassandra killed two other men, but the last one swung his axe in my direction, it hit my hip and got stuck. I fell down on my knees with a gasp and the moment before I lost consciousness I saw how Lady Dimitrescu came through the door and extracted her claws.

When I woke up again, I was surrounded by the four Dimitrescu women. The girls laid around me on the bed and Lady Dimitrescu sat at her vanity. Our eyes locked and I whispered "Alcina!" She stood up abruptly and the girls gasped. "Mama!" Daniela gasped and my eyes widened, my head shot in her direction, and I locked eyes with her. She had tears streaming down her face and I caressed her cheek. Daniela threw her arms around my neck and pulled me into a hug and cried. The other three women were equally shocked, but they smiled. Lady Dimitrescu wanted to say something, but a knock interrupted her. The person on the other side didn't even wait for the permission to enter and opened the door. It was Mother Miranda! I gasped and hid behind Daniela's body. The girls immediately understood why I'm so frightened and snuggled closer to me to made sure I feel protected. Lady Dimitrescu glanced at us worriedly and then turned her gaze towards Mother Miranda. "Mother Miranda" she mumbled and tilted her head "what are you doing here?" "I heard about the attack Alcina" she said and eyed me and then the Mistress. Mother Miranda noticed Lady Dimitrescu's eyes were on me and she said cruelly "I need to speak with you Alcina. Alone!" Lady Dimitrescu nodded and followed Mother Miranda out of the room, they stopped just in front of the room and my Lady closed the door. "I noticed how you look at the woman in your bed, your maid I assume?" "She's my maid yes, and I don't know what you're talking about! She saved my daughters!" Mother Miranda spread her wings and Lady Dimitrescu stepped away from her. "Don't lie to me child! I can see the look in your eyes when you look at her, stop that immediately or I have to kill her!" "No!" Lady Dimitrescu screamed, and Mother Miranda's eyes widened. "What?"  "I said No Mother Miranda, you won't take her away from me, yes I have feelings for her, and you won't stop me from developing even more feelings!" It was shocking for both women that Lady Dimitrescu argued with Mother Miranda, usually she's submissive towards Mother Miranda, but this time it was different. Lady Dimitrescu took a deep breath and Mother Miranda narrowed her eyes, she turned around and stormed out of the Castle, while the other woman let out a deep sigh. "Thank god she's gone" Lady Dimitrescu whispered to herself and walked back into the room. The girls had fallen asleep on me, and my eyes locked with Lady Dimitrescu's. "She called you Mama" she whispered and nodded towards Daniela. "I know, but why?" I whispered back with wide eyes. "She loves you and you protected her, without you she would have died" Lady Dimitrescu said with tears in her eyes and sat down on the edge of the bed. She held her hand out for me to grab it and I did, she squeezed it and I whispered, "Is everything okay my Lady?" "Please call me Alcina, floarea mea mica and no nothing is okay. Some man-things got into my castle, destroyed my windows, nearly killed my daughters and then I saw you, bleeding out and almost dead. You were so pale and cold, I couldn't feel your heartbeat and" Alcina sobbed, and this sound shocked me, I tried to wiggle free from the grip of the girls, but Alcina stopped me with a hand on my shoulder."Don't move floarea mea mica, your wound is freshly stitched, and it could open again." I nodded and then smiled at her. "What does that smile mean?" "I now know what floarea mea mica means, Bela told me" I smirked, and she rolled playfully with her eyes and whispered, "Fucking Bela." "I heard that" Bela mumbled next to me, and I laughed, but winced in pain right after that. "Okay girls let's go! Lilith needs to rest and you three laying on top of her isn't helping!" "Yes Mother" Bela mumbled and slapped her sisters awake, which caused them to growl and snap at her sister, but each of them kissed my cheek and swarmed out of the room. Alcina sat down again on the bed next to me and caressed my cheek, she leaned down and kissed it. "Sleep well darling, I will see you first thing in the morning" she whispered, and her lips hovered over mine, which caused my heartbeat to quicken. Alcina moved back and stood up, when she left the room I gasped and touched my lips and wished she had kissed me. I tried to turn on my side, but my wound stopped me, and I had to lay on my back. A deep sigh left my lips, and I closed my eyes trying to get some sleep, the smell of Alcina reached my nose and I smiled a little bit, it was calming, and I knew I was safe with her protecting me. She was my safe place!