Chapter 8

I sat in the library with my diary and wrote in it when the door opened. I closed it immediately and hid it underneath some books, I looked up and saw Lady Dimitrescu walking towards me. "Hello Lilith" she whispered and sat next to me on the lounge chair. "Hello, my Lady" I mumbled and refused to look at her. "Come to me floarea mea mica" she said a little bit louder, and my head shot up, I didn't recognize those words. She pat her lap and I was so mesmerized at the unfamiliar words I heard that I followed her instructions and sat down in her lap. "Can I ask you something?" she asked me, caressed my cheek, and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. I nodded and waited for her question. "May I drink from you floarea mea mica?" There it was again; I think it's a name or it was something else, but I didn't dare to ask her and just nodded. She moved my hair away from my neck and I tilted my head to the side. Her nail sliced it open, and she sighed at the smell of my blood, her lips found the wound and she began to suck. A moan escaped her lips and I gasped and grabbed her shoulders. Her hands moved over my back, one stopped at the base of my neck and the other between my shoulder blades. "Alcina" I gasped her name and she moaned again. When I felt a little dizzy she pulled away and groaned. Lady Dimitrescu licked her lips and let a heavy sigh out. "I have something for you" she said with her eyes still closed and licking her lips. I sat up straight and wondered what she had for me, my hands were still on her shoulders and one of hers touched mine. "Close your eyes" she whispered, and her amber eyes met my own, I nodded and closed my eyes. She leaned backwards and ruffled through something but then I felt something cold against my neck and it clicked silently. "Open your eyes now floarea mea mica" she whispered, and I opened them, my gaze travelled down to my neck, and I saw the collar with the Dimitrescu crest. It was the special collar of House Dimitrescu, only the one Lady Dimitrescu trust the most and cared for would get it, the other maids whispered about it and said it's just a legend, but here it is around my neck. "It's beautiful" I whispered and touched the emblem, while a few tears escaped my eyes. She brushed them off and kissed my cheek, which made me blush furiously. "May I ask you a question Mistress?" I asked her and she nodded, her eyes locked on the collar around my neck. "What does the words mean you're saying to me? I think it's a name, but what does it mean? I don't speak Romanian." Lady Dimitrescu smirked but said nothing she just caressed my cheek and sat me down next to her while she stood up. She left the room and left me confused and irritated. My head was throbbing because of the things that happened a moment ago, I opened my diary again and wanted to write in it when Bela came into the library. "Hey Lilith" she greeted me and smiled, "Hello Bela" I smiled back and turned to my diary again, but then a thought rushed through my brain. "Hey Bela, can I ask you a question?" She nodded and sat in the lounge chair, her mother sat a few minutes ago. She looked at me and waited for my question. "What are the English words for floarea mea mica?" "My little flower, why do you want to know?" she answered me confused and tilted her head. Tears welled up in my eyes and I mumbled "Your mother called me that earlier." "Oh" Bela said with a genuine smile. She wanted to say something else, but the urge to run away and be alone was stronger, and with running out I totally forgot my diary on the table.

Bela looked after me and wanted to follow but something on the table caught her eyes. It was my diary! "Hmm what do we have here?" Bela mumbled to herself and grabbed the journal.

Bela read the pages and then called for her sister. "What is it?" Cassandra asked her older sister when she entered the library together with Daniela. Bela smirked and waved the diary in the air "I found something interesting" and threw it towards her sisters. Daniela caught the diary and read aloud "Dear diary, the last few days were really hard for me, and I had to process a few things. My parents were killed by Lycans and I'm blaming myself for it, it's my fault, it should have been me, but Lady Dimitrescu is so gentle with me even more now since my parents died. The girls are trying to help me, but I can't let this happen. Not that I don't want them to help me, but my mind says I'm not worth their help. I love them dearly. The Lady saw my bandages and wanted to help me, but I was too scared to tell her what I did, then I ran away from her. I really want to tell her how I'm feeling that I'm in love with her since a long time now, but I am too scared to do so. She is the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen, and I really want to tell her this, but I'm just too scared and my anxiety gets the best of me. I think the best I can do is admire her from afar and be the good girl she deserves."

The sisters looked at each other and squealed at the latest information they got. "Oh my god, we have to do something. Mother is so much in love with Lilith, and she doesn't even know that" Cassandra giggled, and Bela nodded "Yeah we have too, I noticed that Lilith has feelings for mother a long time ago, she always steals a glance at her whenever she is not looking, and Lilith is practically staring at her." "Mother is not better; she's staring at Lilith too, every time they're in the same room mother stares at Lilith and watches her work. A few weeks ago, I saw mother blush when Lilith bend over to pick something up and I never saw mother blush before and surly not when a maid only bends over to pick something up. Oh, and mother gave Lilith the collar of House Dimitrescu!" Bela told her sisters. "What!?" Daniela and Cassandra screamed in unity and their eyes widened. "Yes I spoke to Lilith a few minutes ago, and she had the collar around her neck and told me that mother calls her floarea mea mica now." "That's good, that's really good, mother did the first step" Cassandra thought aloud and scratched her chin. "Maybe our speech opened her eyes finally" Daniela suggested. Bela placed the diary on the table where she found it and pulled her sisters out of the library to start making plans.