52. the one with goodbyes and some good times

Start from the beginning

"Look who decided to show up" Nick shouted as he noticed two of us getting closer.

"Sorry" I was still little out of breath.

Quickly I was offered a beer and I took it. I was dying to talk to everyone so it was hard to decide in which table I should sit, but ended up sitting down next to Carlos and Max.

"You know what, you should give a speech" Max stated with a little spark in his eyes. "Just you know thank all of us for how amazing we have been and how much you're gonna miss us" Carlos chuckled next to the guy. while I stared at the guys with raising my brows.

"No?" Carlos asked laughing.

"Oh come on it'll be fun" Max said desperate for me to give a speech. I sighed and downed the beer to get some extra confidence. We were sitting next to the stage and looking around there wasn't that many other people besides us so I got up.

"Fine, this is for you" I said pointing my finger at the Dutch. I got some questioning looks as I climbed up to the small stage, which was more like a bit higher corner of the pub.

"Hello everyone" I started talking to the microphone. "So Max wanted me to give a speech, so that's what I'm doing. First of all thanks for coming to hang out with me one last time, and yes I did down a beer just before, so I would be able to do this" I could hear Daniel and Max whistling to me making me laugh. "Thank you very much" I sighed. "So first things first: there is no crying or mentioning my leaving today, those are all the rules I have for you. I wanted to thank you for being so amazing and I'm going to miss you" I raised my glass and winked to Max laughing. "No but bit more serious, it's been amazing to get to know all of you and to be in Italy a year like this, we won the Euros and the Eurovision and I think I won in life to be honest. I get to meet so many amazing new people and reunited with my bestest friend of all time" I smiled to Mick and I could see little confused faces around the room. "I love all of you guys, but to be honest there is one person I couldn't have done all this without" I turned to look Carlos. "From the day I flew to Italy you were just as lost as I, making me feel so much better, I mean all of you in Ferrari have been amazing, but this one cooked me breakfast, kept me in shape and was just enough a crackhead to my liking" I laughed feeling the tears burning behind me eyes. "So yeah thanks and cheers" I said raising my glass and everyone followed my example. 

Walking back to table I found myself hugging Carlos real tight.

The evening went on nicely. Everyone was having fun as we laughed, sang and danced around. Daniel and I were the absolute king and queen of the stage as we went through the karaoke list of the place. There was some surprises too as Valtteri sang the one Finnish song we had managed to found from the book. I had forgotten that this was my last night here and was just enjoying myself trying to talk with everyone. Looking around me I could see smiles all over and that was all I wanted.

"This was a great idea" Pierre stated walking to the counter where I was waiting to get a new beer.

"It really was" I laughed still scanning around the room.

"I'm gonna break the rules now, but I'm really gonna miss you" the guy next to me smiled sadly.

"Yeah, tell me about it" I sighed. "Going back to school is the last thing I feel like doing after all this"

"No shit" Pierre laughed.

Laughing and singing and laughing some more the clock started to get closer and closer to the closing time which meant I needed to say goodbye to most of the guys. I didn't want to do that but also it was the one thing I needed to do to feel even little better.

"Yo Friberg" I turned around to Lewis and Valtteri. "We're leaving, early flight" he told me and I could feel the sadness starting from here. Hugging Valtteri and telling him to tap me on the shoulder if our ways ever crossed I had one down, probably one of the easy ones, after all I hadn't grown that close to him.