My senses going numb to everything.

"Mrs Ezra's car met with an accident Sir."

No! This is not true! I just...saw her few minutes ago! This can't happen.

Breathing heavily, I pick up the dropped phone. My voice stuttering, afraid and confused.

"Wh-ere? Where are you?"

"On the main road Sir. I am sending you the location."

"Go and check on her! Is she fine? Hurry dammit!"

"Regarding that Sir.....it will be better if you come here first."

I don't waste another second. Picking up my car keys to rush out.

Her teary eyes, just before she left.

Flashes in front of me and I Aaron Reed ,admit that I have never felt so afraid in my life before.

Not even when I came to know I was sick with this disease.

Not even I literally killed that boy.

It was different this time.

It felt like someone was pulling onto the strings of my soul. Like without her, there will nothing left anymore.

Please be fine Ezra. Please!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I reach the location. Killing the engine. Rushing out.

To only have my eyes stop at my car. That Ezra took. My footsteps stopping as I see it's condition.

"I am sorry Sir. I got late."

Anders says. But I disregard him.My fearful step moving closer to the car whose Bonet was half crushed under it's impact with a tree. Clouds of smoke rising from it's bonet.

"E- Ezra?"

I speak afraid. My legs trembling ,with eyes fixed on the driver's seat.

Once I reach it. More dread settles inside me as I pull on her door. To go still.

How ...how is this possible?

There was no one there. Not a soul. Her phone and bag were still there in the car.

But she wasn't.

I look down on the car seat closely, to see few drops of blood on it. And the urge to find her grew stronger.

"I got few minutes late Sir. She was driving too fast. And when I reached her."

"There was no one."

Picking up her stuff. I look around at the forest. Trying to find something. But nothing.

"Ezra!"

I call onto her. But all in vain.

Each passing second without her, more of a torture.

Where is she?

Did she got a taxi and went to the hospital?

But she would have called someone. Switching on the light of her phone.

I am surprised to see no lock on it.

Opening the call long, it proved nothing.

She didn't call anyone.

Dammit! How can she be so irresponsible! How can she leave alone at 11 o clock at night!

And driving like this! Did this girl have a death wish!

Turning around to look at Anders. I order him.