Yours

They were all sitting in the plane, having just swerved out of the way of the missile.

"Alright. The plan is: Banshee, you're going to locate Shaw. Then Erik, you'll pull him to the surface. Force him to show himself." Ash explained, pointing outside.

"And if it comes to the worst, Miss Cyrus, Havok, you go out there and blow the missiles to hell. Or another option, mass hypnosis."

"I can't do mass hypnosis. I've never done it before." She replied wide-eyed.

"Yes, you can. Your hypnosis has no limits. You can do it. Hank, level the bloody plane!" He prepared Banshee, talking to him.

"Miss Cyrus, I want you to be ready. Remember, you're stronger than you could ever imagine." When the plane collapsed, Havok, Beast and Banshee set off to warn the ships, Erik went for Shaw while Mystique guarded the door. Ash stayed behind, unable to help.

"Ash, we need you out there. We can't do this without you." Moira bent in front of her, pleading as Charles screamed loudly in pain, his mind still connected to Shaw.

"I can't. I'll hurt you all." Ash refused, curling up into a ball.

"Miss Cyrus, I've lost my hold on Shaw. Erik murdered him, and now he'll be going for the military. He has Shaw's helmet that prevents me from talking to him, and the others have metal on them. If you take off the necklace, knife and gun then he has no hold over you. Miss Cyrus, we need you. We need Firestar." Those words triggered something inside Ash. She dropped her jacket, pulling out the gun, knife and took off her necklace, giving it to Charles as she stepped outside, the fire circling round her fists as her eyes glowed red, scarlet, fiery streaks dominating the front strands of her hair, a whip made of flame forming in her hand.

"Fascinating. She's reaching a whole new stage of her powers. It's beautiful. She's beautiful." Magneto flew out of the ship, dropping a dead Shaw at their feet. He trained his eye on Ash, observing how she looked ready to fight, knowing that she would be the hardest to move out of the way.

"Today, our fighting stops! Take off your blinders, brothers and sisters. The real enemy is out there. I feel their guns moving in the water, their metal targeting us. Americans, Soviets, humans. United in their fear of the unknown. The Neanderthal is running scared, my fellow mutants! Go ahead, Charles. Tell me I'm wrong."

"I will." Ash stepped forward, the mutants converging behind her, "There are people worth saving on those ships! They are not our enemy. Those people on those ships are facing the unknown and they are scared, and they have a right to be! We were scared when we gained our mutations! We didn't know how to control them and neither do they. But as long as you present a threat, Erik, they aren't the villain." She looked back at Moira, who was attempting to radio the ships, "You are." The missiles launched towards them, Erik putting his hand out and freezing them midair, turning them around.

"Erik, you said yourself, we're the better men. This is the time to prove it." No response. "There are thousands of men on those ships. Good, honest, innocent men!" Still none. "They're just following orders." Erik turned, eyes flashing.

"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Not anymore." Charles tackled him to the floor as the missiles hurtled towards USA and the Soviets, letting them drop.

"Miss Cyrus! Do it!" Fireballs were launched at the missiles, melting the bullets completely as Erik lifted his hand again, deflecting what he could reach. However, it headed straight for Charles. Noticing it, Ash ran forward, throwing herself in front of Charles, the sharp pain of the bullet piercing her abdomen. Charles saw Ash there, falling to the ground and clutching her stomach, blood visible when she pulled her hand away.

"Miss Cyrus..." Charles wept, falling to his knees beside her, gently cradling her in his arms. Erik couldn't bear to see either Ash nor Charles in pain like this. So he turned to Moira, her necklace closing in around her neck, choking her.

"This is your fault. You did this." He snarled, closing his fist tighter to restrict her airways.

"No." He let Moira go, turning to Ash, who had her hand outstretched. "She didn't do this." She coughed, almost tasting blood, "You did."

"They want us all to turn on each other. That's why I need you two on my side. Join me, Charles, Ash." Defiance and pain riddled Charles's gaze, looking between Ash and Erik.

"No. I'm not leaving her." He decided, threading his fingers through Ash's hands.

"This society won't accept us. We form our own. The humans have played their hand. Now we get ready to play ours. Who's with me? No more hiding." Azazel, Angel and Riptide joined him. Raven looked in question at Charles, wondering if she should join Erik.

"You should go with him. It's what you want." Charles decided, smiling reassuringly.

"You promised you'd never read my mind."

"I promised you a great deal of things, I'm afraid." Raven bent down next to Ash, placing a kiss on her temple.

"Take care of her." When they disappeared, they all ran for Ash, dropping down beside her.

"I'm sorry, Miss Cyrus. This is my fault." Charles cried, tears falling from his face down onto Ash's cheeks. "I'm going to live. No need to get all sentimental." They started laughing, drying the tears from their eyes. "I love you." He confessed, laying his forehead on hers, staring into her eyes.

"I love you too. Now can I get to a doctor?" 

euphoriaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara