No Choice

Charles Xavier always had an interest in mutations, teaching about them with a cocky smirk on his face as he walked out, talking with Raven endlessly over drinks and whatnot. He never knew that his life would change.

Neither did Ash Cyrus.

"Ash Cyrus." Ash herself, a black-haired girl with amber eyes, turned around, smiling. Charles was sat at the dinner table, his palms pressed together, rested just underneath his chin.

"Professor Charles Xavier." She replied, giving a small smile before returning to her work at the table, writing with her pen in neat handwriting. Ash felt a little force worming its way into her mind like a parasite, but she knew the signs.

"If you're trying to look into my mind, Charles, I advise you not to. You don't know how much experience I've had with that particular department." She looked up, smiling, her mouth twitching a little. "Extraordinary." He grinned in return, leaning forward in interest.

"So, there's a war going to happen between USA and Russia? And Sebastian Shaw is behind it?" Ash asked, still writing. Charles studied her, with her gorgeous, burning coal-like eyes, the smooth sheen of her skin and the curve of her pink lips, moist from poking her tongue through her mouth in concentration as her hand wrote consistently, her ebony hair swaying softly with the movement of the pen.

"There is. We need the best to stop it. Will you do the pleasure of helping me?" His eyes looked pleading, desperate even.

"Charles, I've suffered too much to possibly feel happiness again. Even so, I don't feel I have a choice."