"I'm sorry for interrupting but it was a bit too public to be causing a scene." And I don't want you getting into trouble.

"I suppose you are right." He said looking back at the window. His tone meant he was done with the conversation and she respected that.

The entire court issue had been resolved but it had somehow blown open another case. There were already two battered people and one missing person. She sighed in frustration because all she wanted was an uncomplicated life with Tobias but got herself into so much trouble instead.

"Would you still like to see the house?" He asked quietly and she muttered a small 'yes'. She knew her house would be empty and there would also be a lot of paparazzi in front after hearing the court verdict of her being acquitted. "Alright."

The rest of the drive was uncomfortably quiet for her. 

She could feel how tensed Tobias was even when his hands had stopped shaking. He was still in deep thought as his eyes glued to the passing scenery outside the car. She wondered what he was pondering over. Was he still upset that she stopped him from hurting Giovanni? Was it something else? She wished he would share his thoughts with her.

She really wanted to help.

"Tobias?" She drew his attention, his beautiful grey eyes coming to hers. Even with the smudges of light pink on his face, he was still the most beautiful human she knew. She even thought his black roots and white hair suited him. "Do you have curly hair like Rebecca?"

"Sorry?"

"Your hair. When it's longer, is it curly like Rebecca's or wavy like Varo's?"

Her random question made him stare at her in confusion before he slowly nodded. "Like Rebecca's."

"Why don't you grow it out?" She asked again and it made him think for a moment.

"Keeping hair is high maintenance."

"Like Varo? I'm sure he spends a lot of time styling his hair."

"Well, I am not sure he does it himself. I think he goes to Luis to do it for him." He answered lightly and she felt inwardly smug. She had succeeded in distracting him. She knew she had to keep it going.

"Luis being a hairstylist just makes sense. They always  look good." She added and Tobias gave her a side glance, going back to pick at his stained fingernails. Eniola knew he was thinking about getting a shower.

"You think he looks good?" He asked almost cautiously and she just giggled. Was that envy she sensed?

"Of course, he does. I don't know who looks better between him and Alvaro." There was some truth to that. She had noticed that Luis and Varo had almost the same body build and fashion sense. "They are almost the same with their stature and penchant for designer clothes. Save for Luis' blue hair."

"Well they are cousins so I guess it's not surprising for them to share certain features." He answered thoughtfully and Eniola was surprised. Cousins?

"I thought you said only the eldest of a family could be in the Cinco Grande thingy." She asked and he nodded, taking time to rub his eyes before answering. She bit her tongue from voicing out that he looked cute as he did as she didn't want him to withdraw into his shell again. And she had promised him and herself she would give him time.

"They are maternal cousins. Varo is a Montezuma and Luis is from the Obero clan." He explained and Enny furrowed her brows in thought. 

"Alvaro's complete last name sounds ancient."