Chapter 2

I arrived at Kendall's place. He lived in a gated apartment complex, so I was waiting for the security guard to let me in. "Name?" He asked routinely.

"Ava Thomas." I said shyly. "Here to see Kendall Schmidt." I said also quite practiced.

"Miss Ava!" He smiled cracking a smile finally looking up from his clip board. He was a nice guy, he just hated his job.

"Hi Stanley, how are you?" I asked him every time I saw him. He smiled brightly. His dark skin contrasted greatly with his perfect white teeth.

"I'm good, Miss Ava! How about yourself?" He asked leaning on the half door to his stand. I smiled sweetly.

"I'm okay. Little tired." I told him. He nodded.

"Get some rest Miss Ava, Mr. Schmidt doesn't need his pretty girl getting so tired all the time." Stanley smiled not knowing that Kendall and I weren't an item. I smiled anyway just to hurry the process up. He opened the gate for me and I drove through. I drove to the parking spot Kendall had bought just for me when I came to visit. I parked my crappy car and then proceeded to Kendall's second story apartment. Walking so much actually hurt a little. I made it to the top of the stairs to an open apartment door. I walked in, this was normal for us. I put my purse down by the door and then closed the door. I flung off my shoes and walked into a grand living room I had been to so many times before. The wood floor were cold against my sick covered feet as the AC was keeping the wood chilled. I walked further in and flipped onto the couch, causing some mild discomfort for a minute straight. I closed my eyes until I felt a cold object touched my forehead. I opened them slowly to see Kendall behind the couch with a beer bottle bottom on my head. It felt so nice though. His gorgeous green eyes seemed to flicker at the sight of me which gave me painful butterflies.

"Open." I requested of Kendall before I took the beer. He smiled, sat his down and opened mine. He acted like he was going to hand mine back but then stopped short of my hand.

"Sit up." He said. I groaned and complied.

"I do what I want." I mumbled grabbing the beer and taking a swig. Bitter, but good. He then grabbed his beer and made his way around the couch to sit next to me. I naturally leaned my head on his shoulder until I was comfortable with my legs over the arm of the couch and my arm propping me up. He moved himself into position to comfort my desire, and stayed put.

"I missed you." I told him looking up at him through my lashes. He smiled and took a drink.

"I missed you more." He said. I inwardly sighed. I knew he was going to say that.

"But we are together once again, after what felt like ages." I said dramatically. Kendall laughed and leaned his head on mine.

"Well kid, we were apart for four days, it happens sometimes." He said shrugging. I shook my head.

"It shouldn't have to." I said quietly, hoping he didn't hear me. But of course he did.

"So, Mike, how many nights does he go out and leave you at home?" Kendall asked me. He did this a lot. Kendall would always ask me something random about Mike and once I told him the answer he knew beforehand, he'd come up with something to make himself sound better than my husband.

"Every night." I whispered staring blankly ahead of me. The world was tilted to one side from my point of view. In front of me was a coffee table, a flat screen, a mini bar to the left, and three floor to ceiling windows to the right that lead into the kitchen.

"That's ridiculous. If I had a wife, I'd be with her every night in our bed. I'd give up my parties and life to be with her. She'd be my life. That's sickening!" Kendall hissed before taking a huge gulp of his beer, leaving it without three fourths of it's contents.