4.

Namjoon looked startled when he heard the awkward noise. Finally, he spotted the windshield wiper—or his resident Kim Soekjin.

He was laughing hysterically at his phone. Whatever it was he was seeing, was super amusing because his laugh kept getting louder.

Namjoon stood in place wrinkling his nose at how high pitched his windshield wiper laugh was. Did this man laugh this obnoxiously all the time?

"Okay. Okay! Bye asshole. Yeah I'll see you at the same—oh fuck. Gotta go and be professional." He quickly murmured as he hung up. He had spotted Namjoon standing behind him with a bewildered look.

"Hey! Nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Kim, the plastic surgeon here. I mean obviously a face like mine would be the head of the department, am I right?" He chuckled amused at his own joke.

"Of course because you're what the society perceives as beautiful." Namjoon calmly responded.

Jin turned a little pink as he chuckled. He wasn't used to being embarrassed in front of others. In fact, he was typically the one embarrassing others not vice versa.

"Ahh! It was just a joke."

"Oh. Ha. Funny." Namjoon forced an awkward smile.

Jin stopped smiling and cleared his throat. "Well okay then. Uhhh...so you're my intern huh?"

"Yes. Isn't it obvious?"

Jin titled his head, "Right. Right. Just to let you know I'm the jokester around here so don't take offense to any of my jokes or comments. The chief says I have to warn everyone."

"So, you're going to insult me?" He asked with a curious look.

"No! Not intentionally. I might. Who knows." He shrugged, waving him to follow over.

"Oh. Okay. What are we doing today?"

"We're doing a face transplant. You get to hold a face in your hands! A whole fleshy, bloody face! It's truly astonishing."

"Wow. I'm glad it's a whole face and not half."

Jin laughed, nudging him, "That was funny."

"I wasn't trying to..." before Namjoon could finish, his chatty resident interrupted.

"Hopefully they won't need me down in the emergency room because we're going to be busy for the next twelve to thirty-six hours."

"It takes that long?" Namjoon asked as they approached a closed door. Jin turned around nodding ecstatically.

"Oh yes. This is a very special surgery. This man has had ten facial surgeries, but today will be his last. I'll make sure of that." He winked turning back around.

Namjoon looked at him baffled. Why was his resident so weird?

•••

Jimin peeked through the gallery as Dr. Choi  had the scalpel at hand. Most of the interns were here aside from Namjoon and Jungkook. Just as Dr. Choi was about to cut into the guy's chest and his pager went off.

He sighed getting up and rushing to the room that he was paged to. The nurse stood outside the door with a frown on her face.

"She won't let me pull the stitches out. She requests to see a doctor first."

Jimin looked behind her to spot an elderly woman. He looked back down the hall. He was missing an open heart surgery for stitches?

"Okay I'll take a look," he mumbled walking in. "Good afternoon I'm—"