24.

Jungkook yawned as he made his way to the nearest restroom. Who knew you could hold in your urine for so long?

He couldn't even think of the last time he had a chance to void. Nevertheless to think, but now that he was by himself the questioning fears circled his mind again.

Why was Taehyung so embarrassed of him? Was it his appearance? Did he regret abruptly pecking him? Was that why he had invited him to dinner so he didn't feel as guilty for bringing up his hopes?

Jungkook has always been so confident in himself and his looks. It wasn't like him to be so self conscious about himself especially over another man. 

Now that he had switched rotations, he barely saw Taehyung. Only glimpses of him and by the looks of it he seemed to get along just fine with Namjoon.

Of course they would, they were literally the same person. And it's not like Jungkook was jealous or anything, he was simply hurt that Taehyung was doing just fine without him.

Whereas for him, all that seemed to occupy his free time was thinking about Taehyung. It truly felt ridiculous to like a person so much. This seemed like he was back in high school all over again. Except now he was a grown man and things were as easy as they once were.

The bathroom was empty when he got there. He quickly emptied his bladder feeling a sense of relief. There was some light cramping from holding in his urine for so long. While he was saving lives, he was endangering his bladder from exploding.

After he was finished, he headed toward the sink to wash his hands. The excessive hand washing was wearing out his hands and the soap wasn't previously moisturizing.

His face was hot and sweaty from running around for hours. He cupped his large hands and splashed cold water on his fiery face. The contrast of the cold and hot made his skin sting a bit.

"Oop!" He heard someone say.

Jungkook immediately opened his eyes and turned around to find a frozen Taehyung. He was awkwardly standing by the entrance with a bewildered expression.

"What?" Jungkook asked, a bit annoyed. Why was he acting like there were monkeys on his face when he was the one staring like that?

"Sorry—I should go."

"Are you kidding me?" He asked loudly.

Taehyung stopped and slightly turned his head towards him. "Excuse me?" He asked quietly. His voice made him sound smaller than he truly was.

Jungkook approached him with an accusing finger, "If you're embarrassed of me just say it. If you don't like men just fucking saying it. Don't ignore me and act like you didn't kiss me in the elevator because you did! You're fucking thirty something and you act like a child!"

"Well, I—I'm thirty. Just thirty."

He groaned, "That's all you got out of my speech?"

"We shouldn't be a thing! Residents and interns should not be dating. I like men. I—I like them very much and I—I can kiss them when they want. Uhh, with consent of course and it just occurred to me that I didn't ask for your consent when I pecked you. I should've asked but I also shouldn't have kissed you. If the chief ever found out he wouldn't consider me for an attendee position and—"

"Shut up."

"Oh. Well I—"

"Shut up." Jungkook said slower as he leaned forward. He grabbed his lab coat and pulled him towards him. Despite his big size, Jungkook moved him around like a rag doll. 

"What's happening? What are you doing?" He shrieked.

"I like you, but if you can't handle being a grown adult I don't need you in my life. I'm not going to sit around and wait for you."