Chapter 11

PERRIE

Perrie has been anxiously waiting for the knock that now sounds at her door. After a lot of going back and forth, Ellie convinced her to text Jade to tell her to come over to her hotel room as soon as she was done with her interviews. She really wanted this out of the way so they could move on. In whatever way that would be.

What definitely didn't help with Perrie's anxiety was the fact that she had to wait for the entire afternoon. It felt a bit weird that Jade was doing interviews without her, but the winner of the show always has interviews the rest of the day. Everyone wants to hear about their experience. And Perrie already had her share of interviews yesterday, so she's had enough press for her liking.

"My queen!" Perrie exclaims excitedly as she swings the door open, ignoring the knot in her stomach.

"Hi, Pez," Jade blushes at the greeting. Perrie thinks the way she shyly looks down is adorable.

"Aw, come here!" Perrie coos and grabs Jade's hand to pull her into the room. She closes the door behind her before she draws Jade in for an embrace and buries her nose in Jade's soft curls. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, hun." Jade's voice is muffled by Perrie's shoulder and the knot in her stomach loosens slightly. They'll be fine. She'll make sure of it.

"So how was your day?" Perrie asks as she leads Jade to the large bed and sits down, cross-legged, in the middle of it. Jade settles in opposite her before she answers.

"Long," she sighs. "I've lost count of how many people I've spoken to. I've seen some familiar faces and those interviews were kind of fun, but the rest of them were just a blur. I'm glad it's over."

Perrie suddenly realises how tired Jade looks and offers her a cup of tea.

"I don't understand why you have to give all these interviews today. They could've given you some time off," she says as she starts the kettle.

Jade shrugs. "I'm just happy that I don't have to do them all tomorrow. I just want to sleep in a comfortable bed tonight and not have to worry about having to get up early to do all these interviews."

There's a lull in their conversation and Perrie stares at the kettle, waiting for it to be done as she tries to find a way to broach the topic they really need to discuss. Them.

Jade beats her to it though when she says, "I was really happy that you wanted me to come over. How've you been?"

"Good, I guess," Perrie answers as she pours their tea, happy to have something to do with her hands. "I was happy to sleep in a normal bed last night."

She hands Jade her tea and settles back down as Jade studies her face. "And how are you really? Because I can see that you're nervous."

Perrie looks up, straight into Jade's big, brown, caring eyes and takes a deep breath to calm herself down. "Maybe I am. I don't really know how to start this conversation that we said we should have and I've been overthinking it all day and that made me anxious and now you're here and I don't know what to do."

Jade nods understandingly. "I get it. I've been really nervous too. You're not alone in this, Pez."

Perrie swallows thickly, feeling like she's about to cry. "I just don't want to lose you," she whispers.

Jade grasps her hand tightly. "Let's promise each other that whatever happens here, we'll still be there for each other. We won't deal with it the way we did last time."

Perrie nods. "I can do that."

They grin at each other and for a few moments, nothing else matters.

Then, Perrie looks down at her cup as she says nervously, "So I guess we should talk about what happened."