Bucky Didn't Get Blipped

A/N: A reader wanted to know what would happen if Bucky didn't get blipped. I don't know how much I'm going to go into detail. This may be two parts. I'm not sure yet. It may jump around a bit. Enjoy!

"You should have gone for the head." Thanos said and snapped his fingers.

There was a bright flash and Catherine shielded her eyes.

"What did you do!" Thor screamed at him.

Catherine helped Bucky up just as Thanos disappeared. What the hell? She looked around confused.

"Cat." She heard Bucky's voice say.

She looked over at him and saw him nodding in the direction of Sam. Parts of his body were seemingly disappearing into ash. At first, she thought she was imagining things. She had hit her head pretty hard, but then Sam was gone. With a snap of fingers he was gone.

"Sam?" Catherine called out.

No answer. She looked around and more people were disappearing. T'Challa. Wanda. The Tree. What was going on? She watched as Steve knelt in front of Vision's body with a distraught look on his face.

"...oh, God." She had never heard so much pain in Steve's voice.

Bucky walked over to Steve and placed a hand on his shoulder in a reassuring manner. A realization came over her. They had lost. The Avengers had lost. They never lost. Somehow, they had always handed together and defeated the bad guy. Together. They hadn't been together. Clint and Scott were with their families. Tony was in fucking space, probably either dead or snapped away like everyone else.

It took awhile for anyone to move or say anything. Everyone just stood motionless. Occasionally, someone would make eye contact with someone else, but that was it. They didn't know what to say or do. Were there ever words to soften the blow that was the end of the world? Friends were gone. Family was gone.

They needed medical attention. All of them. The blood from the wound on Catherine's head had already dried. "We should go."

Thor looked over at her. "Go where?"

"Back to the compound. M-Maybe we can track Thanos and get the stones back. I don't know..." she trailed off.

The talking raccoon scoffed. "You want to get your ass kicked again? There's even less of us now."

"It's better than standing here doing nothing." She snapped.

"Catherine..." Bucky trailed off.

"She's right." Steve said, finally standing up. "We need to go back to the compound."

No one else protested. They all began to file towards the quinjet. She was about to walk when she felt Bucky gently touch her shoulder. "Are you sure I'm going to be welcomed back?"

He had a point. Steve, Nat and Bucky were still all wanted criminals. She didn't care though. She wasn't going to leave Bucky in Wakanda. Not again.

"I don't think the government is going to care. They probably have more pressing matters if I had to guess." She finally answered him. "Some honeymoon, right?"