His Revived Life

Six Months Later 

Anokhi's pregnancy reached full term, a prospect her doctors didn't think would be possible. Shaurya and Anokhi did everything possible to be safe, kept up with appointments, her medication, her exercise routine (which meant bed rest), her diet. Now they felt more positive than ever. Anokhi was scheduled for a Caesarean in a couple of hours because placenta previa could cause severe bleeding during the delivery.

She had been given the best care money could ever buy, Shaurya Sabherwal  made sure of it. She had been monitored at the hospital for over a week until her gynaecologist deemed her ready for the surgery. Shaurya traced the swell of his wife's perturbing stomach. It was their love in her tummy, a child made of their love. A child they fought for, prayed to Anokhi's Matarani for. Initially Shaury was hesitant to love this baby and Anokhi had told him."It's okay to love this baby, it doesn't mean you don't love me."

They laid together on the bed, locked in each other's arms as Shaurya trailed a hand up and down her bulging stomach talking softly to her and their baby. He wanted the moment to still right here where he could live in this moment forever. He didn't think his heart would survive if he had to part with either one of them. Shaurya  already loved the child he hadn't seen yet. Blind love. He believed in it now.
"I am scared.", he whispered into the silence and her arms tightened on him."Me too.", she whispered back to him.He turned to face her as she lay on her back and traced the soft contours of her face, memorizing her every detail, every feature. She blurred in his vision as tears filled his eyes. She reached out and wiped them away tenderly."Smile, Shaurya . Your smile is so beautiful. It's my strength; it's what kept me going. Promise me you will always keep smiling."He reached for the hand that was still resting on his face, "Then don't leave me. I will always smile for the woman who is the reason for my smiles."

She smiled softly in return. " Shauyra, we don't know what will happen today. But I need you to know this life was beautiful. You made my life beautiful. I don't know if Matarani has heaven up there. Even if she does, I will tell her I have already found my heaven." She inched closer until she could rest her head on his chest, right where his heart lays. She listened to the resounding dhak dhak of his heart and it was one of the most beautiful sounds of the world. " You are, and will always be my heaven, my life ."

He looked down at her, smiling through the tears. "And your mine, wifey. You are my shining star. I want you to be the light that you have always been, fighting the darkness. I will be plunged into endless darkness if you desert me and go to your Matarani."Anokhi gestured to him that she needed his help so they scuffled until they were face to face again, laying together. Even at such a emotional time, they managed to chuckle to about their height differences. Once settled, Shauyra came closer until their foreheads touched and their breathes mingled together until their lips touched softly.They were interpreted by a knock at the door. Shaurya sat up as Anokhi's gynecologist, Dr. Deepika Sinha entered with a smile. A woman in her thirties full of warmth and understanding.

 She had been a huge support once they made the decision to have the baby, giving all the  attention and all the resources possible. They also wouldn't have made it without Aastha, Shaan, Ahir , Babli , Yash , Kanchan , Bebo and Kitty . Everyone took care of Anokhi, gave the couple as much as emotional support as possible. Even now, Shaurya  knew they were all huddled up in the waiting room, giving their unfailing support.

Dr. Sinha grabbed a seat on the stool next to the bed, as Shaurya helped Anokhi sit up and he sat next to her wrapping a strong arm around her."You two already know everything but I would like to explain everything  again. We hope for a successful surgery but there are chances of complications."Shaurya's heart constricted. Yes, they knew everything. The baby might not make it or Anokhi could die but even now Shaurya somehow couldn't believe he agreed to this.