"It is more honest."

Aurora curved a light smile and breathy laugh. "It has been decades since you worked for my family. You know me better than I do."

The courtier smiled. "The ladies and servants in the kitchen always talk about you and... one of the kings from the other kingdom. I have been listening and learning a lot."

Aurora raised her rounded shape eyebrows. "I am surprised that I am not surprised. What did they talk about?"

"The half-human king. He knew your existence even before you were born. And he favors you until today. Your power. That is... his weakness."

"I see," she said as a blue-lavender glow rekindled above her palm. "Which half-human king have they been talking about?"

"The... The half-reptile king. I apologize, your majesty. That sounds–"

"Ignorant of you? I don't think so. Even I would call him half-reptilian. It suits his unpleasant nature. You know, the half-serpent king is ignorant. I bet he still thinks powerless humans have split tongues. And all he does after the royals' dinner is f*cking around." She could still remember the king they were talking about would likely prey on her first, but when he failed, he would flirt with another immortal or mortal with his deceiving stares and sweet words. She was glad she never fell for that.

The courtier had his eyes wide at the queen's ungraceful language.

**********

His black, jade ring knocked against the golden armrest. One arm rested on a maroon velvety armrest, while the elbow of the other rested on a different armrest. His slim index and middle fingers were on his forehead, and his thumb was on his jaw.

As he heard the gigantic golden and black creak, his closed eyelids slowly opened. He sat there and watched the young half-reptile, half-human approached him at a leisurely pace.

"I have accomplished the mission you gave me, your majesty," the dark blue-haired archer said as he came to a halt in front of him and bowed.

The king stared at the archer lazily. He then sluggishly asked, "with the queen unharmed?"

"Yes."

"You shot the courtier."

"He was out buying some expensive fabric the queen requested. I aimed at the spot where he won't get dangerously sick."

"Good." The king sighed and closed his eyes once more. As the king considered something else, the hall fell silent. He realized he couldn't trust anyone and that he needed to keep his secret hidden. He needed to ensure that he wasn't betrayed once more. "No one knows, not even my residents, how to treat the poison, right?"

"Yes, your majesty. Only the two of us know."

"If I hear someone mention the cure to the poison, I won't hesitate to chop off your arms. Losing your arms is equal to losing the whole body when you transform. Keep that in mind, Jimin," the king said darkly, pushing his purple hair to the back as he sat up straight.

"Y-yes, your majesty."

The king smirked. "Good. Leave."

Jimin bowed to the king and left. King Kim Namjoon could hear him shakily breathing. He could read his mind as well, and after all, Jimin, the only mortal serpent in his kingdom, was likely to have a relationship with anyone in the kingdom of Roska. He saw that Jimin was doubting if he could shut his mouth. He was sent to Serpheen because of his half-human nature – although not immortal, still he has a close relationship with some people in Roska.