Chapter five - Letter of Surrender

Start from the beginning

"Ok" I replied quietly. Yeah right.

Ophelia's pov

I was currently outside of Dream's office with my ear to the door, trying to be as silent as possible. They had been in there for half an hour. I wanted to know what the hell they were talking about.

"You shouldn't eavesdrop. It's rude." Someone spoke from behind me. I swiftly turned around to see the boy standing at the entrance of the hallway. I walked towards, him grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the hallway.

"I know Karl, I was just curious. They've been in there for half an hour. Aren't you curious too?" I said looking up at the boy, who was only a couple inches taller than me.

"Yes. But I've learned it's best not to do things that will upset Dream." He spoke.

"But I know it's about that stupid letter. He won't tell me what it is, but it's obviously important. I want to know what its about."

"You mean, you want to know if it's about you" He corrected. I looked down at my feet. He was right. The way Dream looked at me after he read the letter made me want to know. What if it is about me. I had to know.

"Maybe the letter was from someone who knew me." I mumbled still staring at my feet.

"Or maybe it has nothing to do with you. You can't jump to conclusions." He said grabbing my attention, causing me to look up. "Come on. Let's go watch something in the living room while we wait."

"Yeah. Ok." I said before Karl grabbed my hand, leading me to the living room. As we past the hallway again, I took one last look at the office door.

Dream's pov

"Ok so it's settled then." We'd been talking about the letter from Wibur for a while now. I wasn't surprised to receive the letter. In fact I was expecting it. I'm actually surprised it took so long, but I assume that's Tommy's doing. "We'll meet Wilbur and Tommy outside l'manburg for their surrender. I'll do the talking. You guys and Punz will be their for support in case things go south. Knowing Tommy he'll try to do something stupid." I said, looking at the two in front of me. I was standing behind my desk with my hands on the desk, supporting my weight. Sapnap and George were standing on the other side listening intently. "Sapnap, call Punz. Tell him the plan and to meet us here in less than an hour." I saw him nod his head in understanding before he left the office.

"Are you sure thats a good idea?" George asked once the door closed.

"Wilbur asked to negotiate, and if Tommy's going to be there, we might need-"

"Not that." He cut me off while moving so he was standing directly in front of me on the other side of the desk. "Are you sure it's a good idea to invite Punz to the base with Ophelia here." Oh.

"He's only meeting us here. The second he gets here, we'll go."

"What are you telling Ophelia though?" He inquired. I hadn't thought about that yet.

"She could join us." I said looking back at him. It was silent for a minute. Both of us weighing the pros and cons of the situation.

"If you say so, but is now the time to have her join us? You know the second Tommy sees her the topic will switch to her." True. Now wasn't the time to bring Ophelia into this. We couldn't risk l'manburg not surrendering, due to the fact that she was there. She'll join us eventually, but nows not the time.

"I'll just tell her we have some business to attend to with l'manburg."

"How much does she know about l'manburg?"

"She knows l'manburg is where she escaped from, and that they stole my land." I said walking to the door.

"Does she know we're at war?" I stopped with my hand on the door knob.

"No. But she's about to find out." I said, opening the door and walking out.

......................................................................

1325 words

L'manburg wants to negotiate surrender. You all know what that means.

Have a nice day/night!