Chapter 1

"GOOD MORNING BRANDON! LOOKS LIKE IT'S GONNA BE A COOL SPRING DAY. I'M JEFF HUDSON ON YOU MONDAY NEWS!" The stupid alarm clock woke me from my beautiful sleep. I hate people who are so cheerful in the mornings. I, for one, am a very pissed off person, especially in the mornings. I smashed my alarm clock, cutting 'Jeff' off. I rolled out of bed, and shuffled to the bathroom. I stripped down and got into the shower. The cold water soaked me, waking me up. A few minutes later I shut of the water, and wrapped a towel on my hair. Walking to my closet, I though about who I wanted to be today. Yes, you heard me. And that doesn't mean if I want to be a goth, or rich chick, no I mean if I want to be Britney Spears, or Taylor Swift. I can do that because I'm a shifter. I can take the form of anyone, or anything. Whenever a famous star did something bad, I was probably pretending to be them. And shifting isn't just taking a full form. I can change my voice, hair, eye color, and anything else. I can also turn into animals. It's pretty fun.

Waking up from my day-dream, I decided I'll be an animal, because its always cool. I throw on a silver sundress, and grab some silver and white wedges. It may be spring, but I don't mind the cold. As I left my apartment, walking through to lobby was my boyfriend. Normally you would be happy to see your boyfriend, but I was scared. He was very violent, and constantly raped and abused me. I would change forms on him, but then I would have to kill him, because no one can know about my secret. I pass him as if I don't notice him, but he grabs my hand, hurting my arm. He pulled me towards him, kissing me hard. I squirmed under his grip, and he punched me in the gut. I groaned, but he didn't care. I didn't kiss him back and I never will. Realizing this, he pulled back, and slapped me in the face really hard. I was positive I would have a mark by dinner. The guy at the desk saw this, and made his way over to us. "Sir, I've noticed your hurting this ma'am, and I'm going to have to ask you to leave." the guy looked concerned, yet angry. Mark, my boyfriend, stormed off angrily, while the desk guy who's name I read as Jayce asked if I was OK. "Don't worry I'm fine, I'm used to it," I shrugged it off, while Jayce looked at my in horror. "Does he do that to you daily?" I nodded. " Well thanks for helping me, but I have to go." I walked away, waving at him as he watched me. I turned around and bolted out the door. I ran for a while, until I got to an abandoned park. It was out grown, so no one came here but me. As I entered the gates, I changed my hearing to listen for anyone coming. I didn't hear anything,so I took off my shoes, and focused on what I wanted to turn into. In my mind I pictured a beautiful white tiger, with vibrant blue eyes, and black strips. I felt my bones shifting, and claws sprouting from my hands. I shut me eyes, and felt the shift complete. I opened my eyes, getting used to my new senses. I could hear the squirrels raced in the trees, the sound of people laughing a few kilometers away. I always loved having the feelings of animals.

Seven and a half hours later, I was still as a tiger, but I needed to go soon. I have been running around, stretching my animal body. I haven't used it in so long,it's felt like forever. After a short nap, I trotted over to my shoes. I was probably going to go shopping after, so I was going to be a tall, slim, pink haired, blue eyed chick. I focused on that image, letting all the fur go away. After the shift I slipped on my shoes, and walked out of the park. I headed over to my local mall. The mall was packed for being 6:00pm. I couldn't move around without bumping into someone. It was literally a fight to get through. But finally, and somehow, I got the my first destination, 'Thrifty Threads.' It had really awesome clothes, for very cheap. I walked in the doors, looking around. A cute guy walked up to me asking if I needed any help. I shook my head and smiled. I walked towards the back of the shop where the jewelry was. I scanned the wall, my eyes locking on a beautiful set of necklace, earrings, and anklet. They all looked similar. They have a silver chain, and a bright blue sapphire on hanging off the chain in the front. I grabbed it, looking on the back for a price. I coulnd't find one, and sighed, depressed. Someone chuckled behind me, obviously to their amusement. I spun around on my heel, to see the doorman, Jayce standing there with a smirk on his face.