chapter 19: look alive, sunshine

a/n: helloooooo i'm back from the dead! i hope you're all doing well and i apologize for the inconsistent updates for anyone who might have been waiting for another chapter! i've been really busy with school and sports but i'm glad to be back :)) i hope you enjoy this one and thank you to everyone who's supporting me <3

y/n's pov

i woke up to a loud alarm clock that sounded very similar to the one in my room. 

was this all a dream? please let it be real..

i squinted my eyes slightly before allowing them to open all the way. it was still dark, so i could hardly tell what room i was in, but i knew it wasn't mine judging by the unfamiliar placement of the partially-lit windows. so it WAS real, then. after reaching for the button and successfully turning the sound off, i tried to get up but was stopped after realizing gerard's arm was still around me. 

"gerard..." i tapped him.

"hmm?" he muttered. "time to get up?"

"yeah," i said, moving out from under the blanket. he did the same but pulled the switch on the lamp, lighting the entire room with a warm yellow hue, causing the both of us to squint before adjusting all the way to the brightness.

he rubbed his eyes and stood up, walking over to my side of the bed. "morning," he spoke in a scratchy voice, leaving a gentle kiss on my forehead. "how'd you sleep?" he grabbed my hand and we walked out of the room. "really good, actually. i was so exhausted last night but i feel refreshed now," i sighed after reaching the staircase going down. 

gerard stopped in his tracks after we both heard chatter coming from the kitchen. one voice was mikey and the other was... frank? i couldn't tell exactly, but there was obviously someone there with him.

gerard's pov

"ok, what the fuck?" i put a hand to my head and sighed. "frank, why are you here? it's 6 am."

he held up a half-eaten slice of pizza. "what? you said i could have some," he said mockingly.

"yeah, i said you could have some after school. i didn't say at 6 in the fucking morning, the fuck..." i muttered. 

"how was the song, y/n?" mikey changed the subject after sensing my annoyance.

"it was good! i hope we can show it to you guys soon. gerard is a great songwriter," she looked up at me with endearing eyes that warmed my heart a little. 

we both took a slice and continued to discuss music, slowly losing track of time until i checked the clock and realized we should probably be getting ready right about now. 

"sugar, i think we should go upstairs now. we gotta leave soon," i said in a rushed voice. she nodded and followed me as we dashed back up to my room.

"what about my clothes? i don't have anything to change into," she asked, panicked.

"here, uh.." i took a random band shirt and grey sweatpants and placed them in a messy stack, handing them to her. "this should get you through the day until we get your clothes from your place."

without thinking i threw off my shirt and sorted through my cluttered dresser, looking for the cleanest looking top i could find. i turned and saw her still standing there with wide eyes. she looked at my bare chest and then back at me.

"oh god, i'm so sorry, i forgot," i quickly grabbed a pair of pants and exited the room. "you can get changed in here, i'll just be in the bathroom."

y/n's pov

this morning was much more eventful than i expected.

first, i wake up to frank eating pizza in the kitchen who apparently had been there since 4am. 

then, gerard accidentally takes his shirt off in front of me. and now i'm wearing his clothes? guess so.

i shut the door and started to undress. the top he handed me was black and turned inside out for some reason. i turned it back around and realized it was a bowie shirt, which made me giggle in remembrance of the ride to his house when we sang under pressure. 

i stepped in the sweatpants, which were a few inches too long since he's taller than me. i tucked in the cuffs to reach my ankles, and pulled the drawstrings to fit my waist. once that was done, i checked the mirror and swiped away any stray smudges of eyeliner from my face. i left and knocked on his door.

"yeah sugar, i'll be right there," i could hear him opening and shutting drawers in a frenzied manner. not long after, he swung the door open and looked me up and down. not in the bad way, but rather with adoration. 

"y/n, you look better in my clothes than i do," he murmured with a smile. i smiled as he pulled me by the hips and leaned in closer, keeping both hands at my waist. he hesitated in the act, but after i placed my arms on his shoulders, he continued to lean in until, at last, our lips touched.

 my heart started to race a little, or so it seemed at the time. he pulled away, just for a second, to look into my eyes with what felt like burning passion. "god, you're so fucking beautiful, you know that? i love you so much." unsure of what to say in return, i let my hand wander through his jet black hair and continued the kiss. the way he kissed me was sweet and sincere, and i knew that if i wasn't the person to break it off, we probably would have continued for a long time or escalated into something more. and as much as i wanted to, there was still school to attend. 

after gathering my stuff we headed out to the driveway. "it looks like frank and mikey already headed out," he said. there was one white car and another black one of a similar model.  i loaded my bag into the trunk of the black one and boarded the passenger's side. after shutting the door, he looked at me playfully while starting up the engine. 

"so how was that for a first kiss?" 

i laughed. "you did a good job. i've never actually kissed anyone before, though."

his face went red. "seriously? never been kissed?" i nodded, blushing as well.

"y/n l/n, you continue to surprise me," he shook his head in disbelief. "i can do better than that," he murmured. i looked at him to see a childish smirk plastered on his face.

"not right now, though," he added quickly, straightening out his face. 

the drive to school was rather quiet, but we enjoyed each other's company and held hands whenever he wasn't too preoccupied with the wheel. when we finally arrived at school, he held the door open for me.

i walked to my locker and he watched me admiringly as i placed my books in a neat stack, starting to make my way to first period.

"well, sugar, i'll see you in class," he winked and walked in the opposite direction.

"and sugar?" he added as i turned back towards him quickly.

"i love you."