Reed had been a judge for 35 years fighting small local cases like this. They usually don't get attention because they are stereotypical stories especially in Eastover.

"Hell no, these people around here aren't that smart. Especially since the man on trial has a successful community business. Don't tell me you're going pussy on me Donny." Alexander said nudging him.

"I'm not, just trying to think smart about it." Reed said shrugging. Next thing Reed knew he was pushed against the wall being held up by his collar.

"I don't pay you to think Reed, just to do what I asked. Understood?" Alexander said through clenched teeth.

"Understood." Reed responded losing breath in his lungs. Alexander released the older man leaving him standing there catching his breath.

"Glad we have an understanding. You're a dear friend of my father's, I would hate to have to hurt you and your family because you didn't do a simple job. Don't be stupid Donny." Alexander said fixing his suit, sending Reed a smirk before leaving out of the chamber.

Reed knew he shouldn't have been greedy and accepted Alexander's offer just because he was his colleagues son. Donald Reed's job was simple: Give Jahir Brown the highest sentence possible. He accepted $500k in cash from Alexander to do so.

But was Reed going to do that? No. He was going to make sure Brown had a fair trial. His sentence will add up to whatever evidence is laid out. Next, he would retire before putting him and his family into witness protection. That was his plan to be safe from what Alexander Parker would do to him once the sentence is set.

That was his original plan anyway. With the way Parker just approached him, Reed was starting think it would be better to go with what they initially agreed on.

"All rise!" A bailiff said causing everyone in the courtroom to stand as Judge Reed stepped into the courtroom.

Reed's mouth became dry meeting eyes with Parker and all the press in the back of the room. He managed to hold his composure and told the courtroom they may be seated.

"Alright, so we have Jahir Brown Vs. the state of Florida in relation to the disappearance and alleged murder of Jawaun Mills. I see here that the defendant is pleading self defense. Mr. Daniels, you have the floor." Judge Reed told the prosecution lawyer that Alexander hooked the Mills family up with.

"Thank you, Your Honor..." Mr. Daniels started. He went on laying out the evidence for the court in a summary before calling Jahir to the stand.

"How did you and Mr. Mills meet?"

"The first time I spoke to him was the night he tried to kill me." Jahir spoke.

"And exactly why was Mills allegedly trying to kill you?" Daniels asked.

"Because of a personal issue he had with my father."

"Hm, are you sure it wasn't because of the relationship between your wife and Mr. Mills?" Daniels smirked.

Indya's heart started to speed up at the mention of her. Ms. Fay instantly held Indya's hand feeling her tense up beside her, which definitely calmed her down.

"Objection, relevance?" Mrs. Hillman said.

"Please get to the point Mr. Daniels." Reed told him.