Fresh-Baked

Request: Hmmmm 🤔 number 18 of the prompts with Mr Moon Taeil I wanna see how you'll make it ✨angsty✨

Answer: Ooooh number 18 you say?

Coffee Shop AU

Prompt: "I'm sorry?" "I asked if you wanted any baked goods with your coffee?"

TW: Language

Y/N Pronouns: Not specified

Genre: Fluff, Angst

Word Count: 0.7K

~

"Do you want any baked goods with your coffee?" You looked up from your phone and stared at the barista behind the desserts counter. With an array of breads and sweets, the counter looked delectable from end to end. Should you go with the coffee cake crumble or the sugary blueberry muffin? Choices, choices, they plagued your mind all day and every day no matter how simple the topic. You glanced at the barista again, who now held an expectant smile. You were lucky enough to be one of the few people in the café at the time and, even better, you were the only one in line. You had the luxury of time.

"Um..." you glanced back and forth between him and the case. "What do you recommend?"

"Well, for someone sweet like you, maybe a danish?" He smiles and gestures to the pastry.

"Sure, let's give that one a try," you nodded and he grabbed a plate and prepared your order.

"Would you like anything to drink today?"

"Just a regular coffee, please," you quickly skimmed through the menu.

"Sure thing," he types your order into the computer. "That will be $9.55," he says.

"Okay, give me a second," you fumbled to look for your wallet in your bag. You finally pulled it out and completed the transaction.

"And can I get a name for the order?"

"(Y/N)," you replied.

"Well, then, (Y/N), it's nice to meet you, I'm Taeil," he introduces himself.

"And I have a feeling I'll be here more often," you replied in equal tone.

"I look forward to it, just sit wherever," he says, "I'll get started on your coffee," he slides the plate towards you and you took it and chose a seat off to the side. You pulled your laptop out and began working on your assignments, you had loads to do and you'd been putting them off long enough, a choice you now regret. Before you knew it, a ceramic cup of coffee was placed in front of you.

"One regular coffee for (Y/N)," Taeil says.

"Thank you," you pulled the steaming cup towards you.

"Is this seat taken?" He gestures to the seat parallel to you. A small smile formed on your face.

"Nope, be my guest," you shut your laptop and he took a seat, it was now you noticed a glass of iced coffee in his hand.

"It's my break right now," he explains, "and I was a bit curious about you. I've never seen you around here, before," he says.

"I just transferred here, actually," you explained.

"Ah, new in the neighborhood?"

"Yeah, I got settled in a few days ago."

"Well, if you need a guide, I'm off tomorrow," he offers.

"Seriously? That would be so helpful, thank you!" Your eyes lit up. This whole move made you anxious for so long, what with moving far away from home and from anything you found familiar. You figured that you'd make friends somehow, but after the week of being here, you're hopes began to fall flat. Maybe fate shone upon you today.

"Of course, let's exchange numbers," Taeil says.

"Let's, that's a great idea," you pulled your phone out.

"Would you like baked goods with your coffee?" You paused.

"I'm sorry?" You looked up from your phone now. You were still standing in line with the barista looking at you from behind the counter. You read the name tag: Moon Taeil.

"I asked if you wanted any baked goods with your coffee?" He asks again with an expectant stare.

"Uh... no, no, it's fine, thank you," you shook your head with a smile.

"Alright then, what can I get you to drink?"

"Just a regular coffee," you answered quickly.

"Alright then, that'll be $4.50."

"Right," you completed the transaction.

"I'll hand it to you at your table."

"Thank you," you moved to a spot in the corner.

Choices, choices. You had a horrible habit of overthinking them to the point of vivid fantasy, always thinking about one choice more than the other, but moving so far from reality that none of such come to fruition. The ceramic cup was placed in front of you and that was the end. You contemplated speaking to him again but a fantasy was just that.